IGNORED

eat more

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiznuthian

medicinalchart.jpg

i was a skeptic before i tried them, and five months ago would have told you eastern medicine is full of shit.

they've done all of these things for me, minus the anti-cancer ofcourse. but i don't forsee getting cancer easily

considering how incredible my body and mind feels my entire waking day. i was bitten four times by mosquitos, all four

of them were nuked in less than 8-10 hours and seeped back gently back into my skin. no itching.

my skin condition that i haven't been able to find a doctor who could treat, has vanished with near 80% improvement.

i can not tire myself or fatigue myself anymore. i wake with an incredible energy that carries with me on minimal sleep and minimal food intake.

no joint pain, and almost non-existent muscle aches, even after running many miles per day and stairclimbing consistently in the hotel i work at.

i couldn't run a half mile without almost puking two months ago? it's getting very surreal to feel this strong. my pain tolerance is very high for some reason.

i don't get munchies from pot anymore, nor do i crave pot at all because my anxiety, social anxiety, and stress is gone. any stress is do encounter in my day

is easy to control with deep breathing (thanks to cordyceps and reishi). focusing my mind on activities is much, much easier.

my motivation to do things every day is through the ROOF. working my body on a task feels rewarding again.

my body maintains a constant internal heat, similar to the feeling of the flu's hot flashes (immune system at work) but i'm neither sick nor uncomfortable. i don't mind a hot house or cold room, feels the same now for some reason.

i usually struggle with depression quite a bit, but i'll be damned i haven't had a depressed thought in over a month.

following the first month of taking these i investigated other immunomodulating, adaptogenic substances and began taking high doses of astragalus root. there's nowhere near as much research behind astragalus as there is the many medicinal mushrooms, but i tried it anyway. this seems to have magnified the trend the mushroom supplements had already began, significantly so. i feel like a fucking tank every day. i just started taking omega 3 supplements a couple days ago, i suppose they can't hurt. i'm ordering new chapter organic's wholemega supplements and ditching the kroger brand generics.

i'm telling you guys, and i do love watmm, that this is beyond any drug i have ever taken or been prescribed my doctors. wish i knew this 20 years ago and started when i was 3.

Guest abusivegeorge

so will this make me hear colors or what

it will make you see smells

Lols indeed.

Guest fiznuthian

joint and muscle pain went away after a week or so, i noticed it happening quickly. i felt the heat in my body early on when i started too.

everything else just cascaded in over time during the past 1 1/2 months.

i eat:

four fungi perfect mycommunity capsules, two AM and two PM, both on empty stomach if possible.

i eat two fungi perfecti cordychi cordyceps/reishi capsules per day, one in AM one at PM. empty stomach.

i eat two fungi perfecti lion's mane capsules per day, same as above AM/PM. empty stomach.

i eat 8 astragalus capsules per day, four AM and four PM. empty stomach if possible, just like the rest.

from what i've read and experienced early on you do not need these kind of dosages to experience the effects,

even just four mycommunity capsules a day you would absolutely feel it over time.

i love cordyceps, it can feel like a coffee rush from hell with no jitters and 100% clear mind. i suppose everyone's body is different,

so if you feel very little keep taking them and you will know when it's all happening. i sure as fuck did.

if i had nothing to do at work i would walk in circles endlesssly thinking about my day or clean random shit for hours.. my coworkers think i'm insane.

oh yeah, i ordered them originally from fungi.com, but to get discounts i get my supplements all from iherb.com and local hippie stores.

funny story, i didnt know anything about these before i walked into harvest moon foods store, a local organic/whole foods/etc place in a local rural town.

i picked up some mushroom capsules thinking it was funny people were offering a fuckton of mushrooms in a capsule as some kind of wonder medicine.. my carpel tunnel pain in my hand went away within hours and well, hasn't seem to come back in the slightest.

Guest fiznuthian

another interesting thing to note: the notorious mycologist paul stamets (the guy who is in that TED Talk video called "6 Ways Mushrooms Can Save The World", also owns Fungi Perfecti) cured his own mother of her type IV melanoma cancer and is healthy to this day. shortly following the clinical trial his research team did on his mother, the FDA sent letters essentially telling him, his family, and his team of scientists to shut the fuck up and say nothing about their formula's effectiveness. true story.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

medicinal mushrooms.

i'm 1 and 1/2 months in and enjoying a new life. :)

mycommunitycapsules.jpg

cordychicapsules.jpg

''G.I. JOOOOOOOE !''

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'd be very skeptical about eating a whole bunch of wacky mushrooms on a daily basis considering some of the drugs that have been isolated from mushrooms over the years

when you really get down to it, its absolutely incredible how interesting and fantastic a few mushrooms can make you feel. the human brain works in a very, very strange way.

Guest ms-dos

whenever i see 'cordyceps' i'll always flash to the image of that otherworldly fungus taking over the ant's brain and killing it, then guiding his infected brain to climb to the top of the stalk and bomb the community of ants below, exposing them to that very infection, and so on, so forth, until the entire colony has been lain to waste.

so... it's not that stuff, i take it.

Guest esquimaw

another interesting thing to note: the notorious mycologist paul stamets (the guy who is in that TED Talk video called "6 Ways Mushrooms Can Save The World", also owns Fungi Perfecti) cured his own mother of her type IV melanoma cancer and is healthy to this day. shortly following the clinical trial his research team did on his mother, the FDA sent letters essentially telling him, his family, and his team of scientists to shut the fuck up and say nothing about their formula's effectiveness. true story.

Oh do please shut the fuck up.

Guest soundbwoy

reminds me of this next walk through the jungle i did in madeira, similar story with loads of mushroom/plant related shit curing all sorts of cancers and ting

inspired me to do absolutely jack shit doe

Guest 277: 930-933

So how about some scientific research to back up all these claims?

Maybe a paper written by someone not somehow involved in the manufacturing of these capsules?

Guest fiznuthian

you don't believe me, but i know it worked for me. :(

Adachi, Y., M. Okazaki, N. Ohno, and T. Yadomae, 1994. "Enhancement of cytokine production by macrophages stimulated with (1—3)-beta-D-glucan, grifolan (GRN), isolated from Grifola frondosa. Biol. Phar. Bull. Dec; 17(12)1554-60.

Adachi, K. et al., 1987. "Potentiation of host-mediated antitumor activity in mice by B-glucan obtained from Grifola frondosa (Maitake)" Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 35:262-270.

Adachi, et al. 1988. "Blood pressure lowering activity present in the fruitbody of Grifola frondosa (Maitake). "Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 3: 1000-1006.

Adachi, Y., N. Ohno, M. Ohsawa, S. Oikawa, T. Yadomae, 1990. "Change of biological activities of (1—3) beta-D-glucan from Grifola frondosa upon molecular weight reduction by heat treatment. "Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. Feb; 38:(2):477-481.

Andreacchi, A. 1995. "Characterization of AA 567, a coronary vasodilator and ca-channel antagonist produced by a basidiomycete species YL 8006." Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Rochester, Dept. of Chemical Engineering.

Aoki, T. et al., 1987. "Low natural killer syndrome: Clinical and immunologic features" Nat. Immun. Cell. Growth Regul. 6: 116-28.

Bau, Z.D., Z.G. Wu, and F. Zheng, 1994. "Amelioration of aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity by Cordyceps sinensis in old patients" Chung-Kuo-Chung-Hsi-I-Chieh-Ho-Tsa-Chih, May; 14(5): 271-3, 259.

Broffman, M. 1997. "Mushrooms as Immune Umbrella for the 21st Century". Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, October.

Byrne, A., Z. Slejkovec, T. Stijve, L. Fay, W. Gossler, J. Gailers and K.J. Irgolics, 1996. "Arsenobetaine and other arsenic species in mushrooms" Applied Organometallic Chemistry, v. 9, 309-313.

Chang, Jung-lieh, 1983. "Experimental study of antitumor effect of an extract derived from Zhu-Ling (Polyporus umbellatus)" Institute of Material Medica, Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Peking, China.

Chang, H.M. & P.P. But 1986. Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica. Vol.1. Singapore, World Scientific.

Chang, H.M. & P.P. But 1987. Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica. Vol.1I. Singapore, World Scientific.

Chen, K. and W. Zhang, 1987. "Advances in anti-aging herbal medicines in China" Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 309-330.

Chen, A. & P. Miles, 1996. "Biomedical research and the application of mushroom nutraceuticals from Ganoderma lucidum" in Mushroom Biology and Mushroom Products, Penn State University, University Park, Pa.

Chen, W.C., D.M. Hau, C.C. Wang, I.H. Lin, and S.S. Lee., 1995 "Effects of Ganoderma lucidum and Krestin on subset T-cell in spleen of gamma-irradiated mice." American Journal of Chinese Medicine. American Journal of Chinese Medicine 23(3-4): 289-98.

Chihara, G. et al., 1969. Inhibition of mouse sarcoma 180 by polysaccharides from Lentinus edodes (Berk.) Sing. Nature 222: 637-688.

Chihara, G., 1987. "Antitumor and metastasis-inhibitory activities of lentinan as an immunomodulator: an overview". Cancer Det. Prev. Suppl. 1: 423-443.

Collins, R.A., and T.B. Ng, 1997. "Polysaccharopeptide from Coriolus versicolor has potential for use against human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection" Life Sciences 60(25): PL383-7.

Dong, Y., M.M. Yang and C.Y. Kwan, 1997. "In vitro inhibition of proliferation of HL-60 cells by tetrandrine and Coriolus versicolor peptide derived from Chinese medicinal herbs" Life Sciences 60*8): PL135-40.

Ebina, T. and K. Murata, 1994. "Antitumor effect of intratumoral administration of a Coriolus preparation, PSK: inhibition of tumor invasion in vitro." Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 21: 2241-3.

Furusawa, E., S.C. Chou, S. Furusawa, et al. 1992. "Antitumor activity of Ganoderma lucidum, an edible mushroom, on intraperitoneally implanted Lewis lung carcinoma in synergenic mice. Phytotherapy Research 6: 300-304.

Gau, J.P., C.K. Lin, S.S. Lee, and S.R. Lang, 1990. "The lack of antiplatelet effect of crude extracts from Ganoderma lucidum on HIV-positive hemophiliacs" American Journal of Chinese Medicine 18(3-4): 175-9.

Ghoneum, M., M. Wimbley, F. Salem, A. Mcklain, N. Attallan, G. Gill., 1995. "Immunomodulatory and anticancer effects of active hemicellulose compound (AHCC)." Int. Journal of Immunotherapy XI (1): 23-28.

Ghoneum, M., 1994. "NK-Immunomodulation by active hemicellulose compound (AHCC) in 17 cancer patients." Abstract of 2nd Meeting Society of Natural Immunity, Taormina, Italy, May 25-28.

Gunde-Cimerman, N.G. and A. Cimerman, 1995. "Pleurotus fruiting bodies contain the inhibitor of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-Coenzyme A Reductase-Lovastatin®." Experimental Mycology 19: 1-6.

Haak-Frendscho, M., K. Kino, T. Sone et al. 1993. "Ling Zhi-8: a novel T cell mitogen induces cytokine production and upregulation of ICAM-1 expression. Cell Immunol: 150(1): 101-13.

Hang, KC., 1993. The Pharmacology of Chinese Herbs. Boca Raton, FL. CRC Press.

Haranaka, K. N. Satomi, A. Sakurai, R. Haranaka, N. Okada, and M. Kobayishi, 1985. "Antitumor activities and tumor necrosis factor producibility of traditional Chinese medicines and crude drugs." Cancer Immunology & Immunotherapy 20(1): 1-5.

Hattori, M., 1997. "Inhibitory effects of components from Ganoderma lucidum on the growth of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the Protease Activity" in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum in Japan, Nov. 17-18th, 128-135. Tokyo.

Hibino, Y., Y. Konishi, J.. Koike, T. Tabata, Y. Ohashi, and N. Sugano, 1994. "Productions of interferon-gamma and nitrite are induced in mouse splenic cells by a heteroglycan-protein fraction from culture medium of Lentinus edodes mycelia" Immunopharmacology July-Aug 28(1): 77-85.

Hirotani M. & T. Furuya, 1986. "Ganoderic acid derivatives, highly oxygenated lanotane-type triterpenoids, from Ganoderma lucidum." Phytochemistry 25: 1189-1193.

Hu, T., J. Chen, J. Xu, and Q. Yang, 1992. "Effects of polysaccharide-peptide of Coriolus and polysaccharide of Ganoderma on scavenging active oxygen species" Acta. Biochemical et Biophysical Sinica 5:465-470.

Ikekawa, T., N. Uehara, Y. Maeda, M. Nakanishi, F. Fukuoka, 1969. "Twenty years of Studies on Antitumor Activities of Mushrooms". Cancer Research 29, 734-735.

Ito, H. and K. Shimura, 1986. "Studies on the antitumor activity of traditional Chinese medicines. (II). The antitumor mechanism of traditional Chinese medicines." Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 12(11):2149-54.

Ito, H., K. Shimura, H. Itoh, M. Kawade, 1997. "Antitumor effects of a new polysaccharide-protein complex (ATOM) prepared from Agaricus blazei (Iwade strain 101) "Himematsutake" and its mechanisms in tumor-bearing mice" Anticancer Research Jan-Feb 17(1A): 277-84.

Itoh, H., H. Ito, H. Amano, and H. Noda, 1994. "Inhibitory action of a (1—>6)beta-D-glucan-protein complex (FIII-2-b) isolated from Agaricus blazei Murill ("Himematsutake") on Meth A fibrosarcoma-bearing mice and its antitumor mechanism" Japanese Journal of Pharmacology Oct; 662): 265-71.

Jong, S.C., J.M. Birmingham and S.H. Pai, 1991. "Immuno-modulatory substances of fungal origin. "Journal of Immunol. Immunopharamacol. Vol. XI, N. 3.

Jong, S.C. and J.M. Birmingham, 1992. "Medicinal effects of the mushroom Ganoderma. "Adv. Appl. Microbiol. 37: 101-134.

Kabir, Y.M. & S. Kimura, 1987. Effect of shiitake (Lentinus edodes) and Maitake (Grifola frondosa) mushrooms on blood pressure and plasma lipids of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol. 33: 341-346.

Kahlos, K. et al., 1996. "Preliminary tests of antiviral activity of two Inonotus obliquus strains". Fitopterapia 6 (4) 344-7.

Kawagishi, H., A. Nomura, T. Yumen, T. Mizuno, T. Hagwara and T. Nakamura, 1988. "Isolation and properties of a lectin from the fruiting bodies of Agaricus blazei" Carbohydrate Research Nov 15: 183(1): 150-4.

Kawagishi, H., R. Inagaki, T. Kanao, T. Mizuno, K. Shimura, H. Ito, T. Hagiwara, and T. Nakamura, 1989. "Fractionation and antitumor activity of the water insoluble residue of Agaricus blazei fruiting bodies" Carbohydrate Research Mar. 15; 186(2): 267-73.

Kawagishi, H., R. Katsumi, T. Sazawa, T. Mizuno, T. Hagiwara, and T. Nakamura, 1988. Phytochemistry 27, 2777.

Kawagishi et al., 1991. "Hericenones C, D and E, Stimulators of nerve growth factor (NGF)-synthesis from the mushroom Hericium erinaceum." Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 32, no. 35, 4561-4564.

Kawagishi et al., 1994. "Erinacines A, B, C, strong stimulators of nerve growth factor synthesis, from the mycelia of Hericium erinaceum." Tetrahedron Letters 35 (10): 1569-1572.

Kawamura, Y., S. Uchiyma, Y. Saito, 1991. "Survey of radiocesium in domestic mushrooms on the market" Eisei-Shikenjo-Hokoku (109): 98-9.

Kim, B.K., H.W. Kim and E.C. Choi, 1994. "Anti-HIV effects of Ganoderma lucidum." In Ganoderma: Systematics, Phytopathology & Pharmacology: Proceedings of Contributed Symposium 59 A,B. 5th International Mycological Congress. Vancouver.

Kim, B.K., R.S. Kim, & H.W. Kim1997. "Effects of Ganoderma lucidum on human leukocytes" in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum in Japan, Nov. 17-18th, 87-89, Tokyo.

Ko, J.L., C.I. Hsu, R.H. Lin, C.L. Kao, and J.Y. Lin, 1995. "A new fungal immunomodulatory protein, FIP-fve isolated from the edible mushroom, Flammulina velutipes and its complete amino acid sequence." European Journal of Biochemistry Mar 1; 228(2)244-9.

Kohda, H., W. Tokumoto, K Sakamoto et al., 1985. "The biologically active constituents of Ganoderma lucidum" Chem. Pharm. Bull. 33(4): 1367-74.

Kubo, K., H. Aoki, & H. Nanba, 1994. "Anti-diabetic activity present in the fruit body Grifola frondosa (Maitake)." Biol. Pharm. Bull. 17, 8: 1106-1110.

Kuo, Y.C., C.Y. Lin, W.J. Tsai, and C.L. Wu, C.F. Chen & M.S. Shiao, 1994. "Growth inhibitors against tumor cells in Cordyceps sinensis other than cordycepin and polysaccharides" Cancer-Investigation. 12(6): 611-5.

Kurashige, S., Y. Akuzawa, and F. Endo, 1997. "Effects of Lentinus edodes, Grifola frondosa and Pleurotus ostreatus administration on cancer outbreak, and activities of macrophages and lymphocytes in mice treated with a carcinogen, N-butyl-N-butanolnitrosoamine" Journal of Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology May; 1902): 175-183.

Lelley, J., 1997. Die Heilkraft der Pilze: Gesund durch Mykotherapie Der Econ Verlag ist ein Unternehmen, Dusseldorf und Munchen.

Leung, M.Y., K.P. Fung, and Y.M. Choy, 1997. "The isolation of an immunomodulatory and anti-tumor polysaccharide preparation from Flammulina velutipes." Immunopharmacology Jan; 35(3): 255-63.

Li, Q., S. Wang, & C. Sun, 1992. "Clinical study of rapid bladder filling agent" Chung-Kuo-Chung-Hsi-I-Chieh-Ho-Tsa-Chih Sept. (12) 9: 533-4, 517.

Lieu, C.W., S.S. Lee, and S.Y. Wang, 1992. "The effect of Ganoderma lucidum on induction of differentiation in leukemic U937 cells." Anticancer Research Jul-Aug: 12(4): 1211-5.

Lin, Z.-B, 1993. "Advances in the pharmacology of Tremella polysaccharides. From Mushroom Biology and Mushroom Products." S.T. Chang et al., 293-298. The Chinese University Press.

Lin, Y. & G. Wu, 1988. "Protective effect of Polyporus umbellatus polysaccharide on toxic hepatitis in mice." 9:345-348, from Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 444.

Lin, Y., et al., 1987. "A double-blind treatment of 72 cases of chronic hepatitis with Lentinan injection." New Drugs and Clinical Remedies 6:362-363, from Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 2: 325.

Lin, Y., 1989. "Pharmacological and gastronomic effects of fungi and its applications." Chemical Times, no. 1, 12-21.

Lin, Y., 1993. "Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and liver-protective effects of Anoectochilus formosanus, Ganoderma lucidum and Gynostermma pentaphyllum in rats." American. Journal of Chinese Medicine 21: 59-69.

Liu, C., S. Lu, MR Li, 1992a. "Effects of Cordyceps sinensis (CS) on in vitro natural killer cells." Chung Kuo Chung Hsi I Cheih Ho Tsa Chih 12(5): 267-9, 259.

Maitake Products, Inc., Press Release of Feb. 1, 1998, Parasmus, New Jersey.

Majstrik, V. and A. Lepsova, 1992. "Applicability of fungi to the monitoring of environmental pollution by heavy metals". In Plants as Biomonitors, Markert, B. (ed.), VCH, Weinheim, 365-378.

Maruyama, H., K. Yamazaki, S. Murofushi, et al., 1989. "Antitumor activity of Sarcodon aspratus (Berk.) S. Ito and Ganoderma lucidum (Fr.) Karst. J. Pharmacobiodyn 1989; 12 (2): 118-23.

Miyasaki, T., 1983. "Antitumor activity of fungal crude drugs." Journal of Traditional Sino-Japanese Medicine 4(1), 61-65.

Mizuno, T., 1988. "Development and utilization of bioactive substances from medicinal and edible mushroom fungi II. Ganoderma lucidum." Chemical Times 1989 (3) 50-60.

Mizuno, T, 1989. "Yamabushitake, Hericium erinaceum: Bioactive Substances and Medicinal Utilization" Food Reviews International 11(1), 173-178.

Mizuno, T, 1989. "Pharmacological and gastronomic effects of fungi and its applications." Chemical Times 1: 12-21.

Mizuno, T, ed., 1995. "Mushrooms: The versatile fungus- food and medicinal properties" in Food Reviews International, vol. 11, no.1. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York.

Mizuno, T, 1996. A medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum, Il-Yang Pharm. Co., Seoul, Korea

Mizuno, T, H. Ito, K. Shimura, T. Hagiwara & T. Nakamura, 1989. "Preparation method of antitumor neutral polysaccharides from Himematsutake" Japan Kokai Tokyo Koho (A), Sho64-67195, March 13, 565-568.

Mizuno, T, H. Ito, K. Shimura, T. Hagiwara & T. Nakamura, 1989. "Preparation method of antitumor acidic glycans from Himematsutake" Japan Kokai Tokyo Koho (A), Sho64-67194, March 13, 561-564.

Mizuno, T, Hagiwara, T., Nakamura, T., Ito, H. Shimura, K. Sumiya, T., Asakura, A. 1990. "Antitumor activity and some properties of water-soluble polysaccharides from 'Himematsutake,' the fruiting body of Agaricus blazei Murrill" Agricultural & Biological Chemistry 54. Tokyo. 2889-2896.

Mizuno, T, Hagiwara, T., Nakamura, T., Ito, H. Shimura, K. Sumiya, T., Asakura, A. 1990. "Antitumor activity and some properties of water-insoluble hetero-glycans from 'Himematsutake,' the fruiting body of Agaricus blazei Murrill" Agricultural & Biological Chemistry 54. Tokyo. 2897-2905.

Mizuno, T, T. Waa, H. Ito, C. Suzuki, N. Ukai, 1992. "Antitumor-active polysaccharides isolated from the fruitbody of Hericium erinaceum, an edible and medicinal mushroom called Yamabushitake or houtou" Biosci. Biotech. Biochem. Feb; 56(2): 347-8.

Mizuno, T, H. Saito, T. Nishitoba, & H. Kawagishi, 1995. "Antitumor active substances from mushrooms." Food Reviews International 111: 23-61. Marcel Dekker, New York.

Mizuno, T & C. Zhuang, 1995. "Maitake, Grifola frondosa, pharmacological effects" Food Reviews International 111: 135-149. Marcel Dekker, New York.

Mori, H.1987. "Effect of immunostimulants and antitumor agents on tumor necrosis factor (TNF) production." Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 9: 881-.

Morigawa, A., K. Kitabatake, Y. Fujimoto, & N. Ikekawa, 1986. "Angiotensin converting enzyme-inhibiting triterpenes from Ganoderma lucidum" Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 34(7): 3025-3028.

Morinaga, H., K. Tazawa, H. Tagoh, A. Muraguchi, and M. Fujimaka, 1994. "An in vivo study of hepatic and splenic interleukin-1 beta mRNA expression following oral PSK or LEM administration" Japanese Journal of Cancer Research Dec. 85(12): 1298-1303.

Muramatsu, Y., S. Yoshida, and M. Sumiya, 1991. "Concentrations of radiocesium and potassium in basidiomycetes collected in Japan" Science of the Total Environment June 105: 29-39.

Murasugi, A., S. Tanaka, N. Komiyama, N. Iwata, K. Kino, H. Tsunoo, and S. Sakuma, 1991. "Molecular cloning of a cDNA and a gene encoding an immunomodulatory protein, Ling Zhi-8, from a fungus, Ganoderma lucidum" Journal of Biological Chemistry Feb 5; 266(4): 2486-93.

Naeshiro, H. 1992. "Skin lightening compositions containing Ganoderma extract" Japan Kokai Tokkyo Koho JP 04 09, 315 (92 09, 315).

Nakahara, W., R. Tokuzen, F. Fukuoka, & R.L. Whistle. Nature 216: 374-375.

Nanba, H. 1987. "The chemical structure of an antitumor polysaccharide in fruitbodies of Grifola frondosa (Maitake)." Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 35: 1162-8

Nanba, H., 1992. "Immunostimulant activity in-vivo and anti-HIV activity in-vitro of 3 branched ß-1-6 glucans extracted from Maitake mushroom (Grifola frondosa)." From the published abstracts of the Proceedings of the VIII International Conference on AIDS and the III STD World Congress.

Nanba, H., 1993. "Antitumor activity of orally administered D-fraction from Maitake Mushroom." J. Naturopathic Med. 41: 10-15.

Nanba, H., 1995. "Activity of Maitake D-Fraction to Inhibit Carcinogenesis and Metastasis." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 768: 243-245.

Nanba, H., 1997. "Maitake D-fraction: Healing and Preventative Potential for Cancer." Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine vol. 12: 43-49.

Naoki et al., 1994. "Pharmacological studies on Cordyceps sinensis from China." Abstracts from the Fifth Mycological Congress. Vancouver, BC, August 14-21.

Ng, T.B., J.M. Ling, Z.T. Wang, J.N. Cai, and G.J. Xu, 1996. "Examination of courmarins, flavonoids and polysaccharopeptides for antibacterial activity" General Pharmacology Oct; 27(7): 1237-40.

Nishitoba, T., H. Saot, S. Shirasu, & S. Sakamura, 1987. "Novel triterpenoids from the mycelial mat at the previous stage of fruiting of Ganoderma lucidum." Agricultural & Biological Chemistry 51(2): 619-622.

Oguchi, Y. 1987. "Effect of PSK on cytotoxicity against sarcoma 180 in tumor-bearing mice." Anticancer Research. Pt. B 7: 681-4.

Ohno, N., I. Suzuki, S. Okawa, K. Sato, T. Miyazaki, and T. Yadomae, 1984. "Antitumor activity and structural characterization of glucans extracted from cultured fruitbodies of Grifola frondosa." Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin Mar; 32(3): 1142-51.

Ohno, N., K. Lino, T. Takeyama, I. Suzuki, K. Sato, S. Oikawa, T. Miyazaki, & T. Yadomae, 1985. "Structural characterization and antitumor activity of the extracts from matted mycelium of cultured Grifola frondosa." Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 33 (8)3395-3401.

Ohno, N., N., N. Asada, Y. Adachi, and T. Yadomae, 1995. "Enhancement of LPS triggered TNF-alpha (tumor necrosis factor-alpha) production by 1—>3)-beta-D-glucans in mice." Biol. Pharm. Bull., Jan; 18(1)126-33.

Okazaki, M., Y. Adachi, N. Ohno, T. Yadomae, 1995. "Structure-activity relationship of (1—3)-beta-D-glucans in the induction of cytokine production from macrophages, in vitro." Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin Oct. 18(10): 1320-7.

Okamoto, K., et al. 1993. "Antimicrobial chlorinated orcinol derivatives from mycelium of Hericium erinaceus." Phytochemistry, vol. 34, no. 5, 1445-1446.

Ohsawa, T., M. Yukawa, C. Takao, M. Murayama, H. Bando, 1992. "Studies on the constituents of the fruit body Polyporus umbellatus and their cytotoxic activity" Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin Tokyo. Jan 40(1): 143-147.

Oka et al., 1992. "Immunological analysis and clinical effects of intraabdominal and intrapleural injection of lentinan for malignant ascites and pleural effusion." Biotherapy 5: 107-112.

Osaki, Y., T. Kato, K. Yamamto, J. Okubo, T. Miyazaki, 1994. "Antimutagenic and bactericidal substances in the fruit body of a Basidiomycete Agaricus blazei" Journal of the Pharmaceutical Society of Japan May; 114(5): 342-50.

Sarkar, S., J. Koga, R.J. Whitley, and S. Chatterjee, 1993. Antiviral Research. April 20(4): 293-303.

Soo, T.S., 1994. "The therapeutic value of Ganoderma lucidum." Proceedings of Contributed Symposium 59 A,B. 5th International Mycological Congress. Vancouver. 105-113.

Stavinoha, W.B., S. Weintraub, T. Opham, A. Colorado, R. Opieda, J. Slama, 1990. Study of the anti inflammatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum." Proceedings from the Academic/Industry Conference (AIJC), August 18-20, Sapporo, Japan.

Stavinoha, W.B., 1997. "Status of Ganoderma lucidum in United States: Ganoderma lucidum as an anti inflammatory agent" Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum in Japan. Nov. 17-18th, 99-103. Tokyo.

Stijve, T., 1977. "Selenium content of mushrooms". Z. Lebensmittel-Untersuchung und-Forschung 164: 201-203.

Stijve, T., 1984. "Inorganic bromide in higher fungi". Z. Naturforsch. 39c, 863-866.

Stijve, T., C. E. Vellinga, & A. Herrman, 1990. "Arsenic accumulation in some higher fungi" Persoonia 14: 2, 161-166.

Stijve, T., & B. Bourqui, 1991. "Arsenic in edible mushrooms". Deutsche Lebensmittel-Rundschau 87. Jahrg. Heft 10: 307-310.

Stijve, T., 1992. "Certain mushrooms do accumulate heavy metals." Mushroom, the Journal of Wild Mushrooming: 38: II, No. 1., 9-14.

Sugano et al., 1982. "Anti carcinogenic actions of water-soluble and alcohol-insoluble fractions from culture medium of Lentinus edodes mycelia." Cancer Letters 17: 109-114.

Sugimachi, K., Y. Maehara, M. Ogawa, T. Kakegawa and M. Tomita, 1997. "Dose intensity of uracil and tegafur in postoperative chemotherapy for patients with poorly differentiated gastric cancer" Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology 40(3): 233-8.

Sugimachi, K., T. Akachi, and A. Yamakawa, 1995. "Hypocholesterolemic action of eritadenine is mediated by a modification of hepatic phospholipid metabolism in rats." Journal of Nutrition Aug. 125(8): 2133-2144.

Suzuki, I., T. Itani, N. Ohno, S. Oikawa, K. Sato, T. Miyazaki, T. Yadomae, 1984. "Antitumor activity of a polysaccharide fraction extracted from cultured fruitbodies of Grifola frondosa." Journal of Pharmacobiodyn. Jul; 7(7): 492-500.

Suzuki, I.,, K. Hashimoto, S. Oikawa, K. Sato, M. Osawa, T. Yadomae, 1989. "Antitumor and immunomodulating activities of a beta-glucan obtained from liquid-cultured Grifola frondosa." Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin Feb; 37(2): 410-3.

Suzuki, H., K. Iiyama, O. Yoshida, S. Yamazaki, N. Yamamoto, and S. Toda, 1990. "Structural characterization of immunoactive and antiviral water-solubilized lignin in an extract of the culture medium of Lentinus edodes mycelia (LEM)" Agricultural and Biological Chemistry Feb. 54(2): 479-87.

Taguchi et al., 1982. "Clinical trials on lentinan (polysaccharide)." In Yamamura, Y. et al. (ed) Immunomodulation by Microbial Products and Related Synthetic Compounds, pp. 467-475. Elsevier Science Pub. Co., New York.

Takeyama, T., I. Suzuki, N. Ohno, S. Oikawa, K. Sato, M. Ohsawa, T. Yadomae, 1987. "Host-mediated antitumor effect of Grifolan NMF-5N, a polysaccharide obtained from Grifola frondosa" Journal of Pharmicobio-dynamics Nov. 10(11): 644-51.

Tao, J. and K.Y. Feng, 1990. "Experimental and clinical studies on inhibitory effect of Ganoderma lucidum on platelet aggregation" Journal of Tongji Medical University 10(4): 240-3.

Tochikura et al., 1987. "A biological response modifier, PSK, inhibits immunodeficiency virus infection in vitro." Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 148: 726-733.

Tomoda, M., R. Gonda, Y. Kasahara, and H. Hikino, 1986. "Antidiabetes drugs. Glycan structures of ganoderans B and D, hypoglycemic glycans of Ganoderma lucidum fruit bodies." Phytochemistry 25: 2817-2820.

Tsujinaka, T., M. Yokota, J. Kambayashi, M.C. Ou, Y. Kido, and T. Mori, 1990. "Modification of septic processes by beta-glucan administration" European Surgical Research 22(6): 340-346.

Tsunoo, A., N. N. Takemoto, H. Tsuboi, M. Kamiho, A. Nemoto, H. Sasaki, M. Uchida, 1995. "Cordyceps sinensis: its diverse effects on mammals in vitro and in vivo." New Initiatives in Mycological Research: Proceedings of the Third International Symposium of the Mycological Society of Japan.

Wang J. et al., 1985. "Study of the action of Ganoderma lucidum on scavenging hydroxyl radical from plasma." Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 5: 44-60.

Wang, S.Y., M.L. Hsu, H.C. Hsu, C.H. Tzeng, S.S. Le, M.S. Shiao, & C.K. Ho, 1997. "The anti-tumor effect of Ganoderma lucidum is mediated by cytokines released from activated macrophages and T lymphocytes." International Journal of Cancer. 70(6): 669-705.

Wedam, N. & Haynes, A., 1997. "Breast cancer" Journal of Naturopathic Medicine, vol. 7, no. 2,. 86-87.

Weil, A., 1997. Personal communication.

Wu, TN., KC Yang, CM Wang, et alia. 1996. "Lead poisoning caused by contaminated Cordyceps, a Chinese herbal medicine" Science of the Total Environment 182(1-3), 193-195.

Xiong, L., 1993. "Therapeutic effect of combined therapy of Salvia miltiorrhizae and Polyporus umbellatus polysaccharide in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B." Chung-Kuo-Chung-Hsi-I-Chieh-Ho-Tsa-Chih Sept. 13(9): 533-5; 516-7.

Xu, CP., 1985. "A double-blind study of effectiveness of Hericium erinaceus per therapy on chronic atrophic gastritis. A preliminary report." Chinese Medical Journal 98(6): 455-456.

Xu, HM., 1994. "Immunomodulatory function of polysaccharide of Hericium erinaceus" Chung Kuo Chung Hsi I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih 14(7), 427-428.

Yamada, Y., H. Nanba, H. Kuroda, 1990. "Antitumor effect of orally administered extracts from fruitbody of Grifola frondosa (Maitake)." Chemotherapy (Tokyo) 38, 8: 790-796.

Yamaguchi, N., J. Yoshida, LJ Ren, et al., 1990. "Augmentation of various immune reactivities of tumor-bearing hosts with an extract of Cordyceps sinensis." Biotherapy 2(3): 199-205.

Yan, S.C., 1988. "Clinical and experimental research on Polyporus umbellatus polysaccharide in the treatment of chronic viral hepatitis" Chung Kuo Chung Hsi I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih Mar; 8(3)141-3, 131.

Yang, D.A., 1991. "Inhibitory effect of Chinese herb medicine on urinary bladder cancer. An experimental and clinical study." Chung-Hua-Wai-Ko-Tsa-Chih Jun. 29(6): 393-5, 399.

Yang, D.A., S. Li, & X. Li, 1994. "Prophylactic effects of Zhu-Ling and BGG on postoperative recurrence of bladder cancer" Chung-Hua-Wai-Ko-Tsa-Chih, July: 32 (7) 433-4.

Yang et al., 1985. "Treatment of sexual hypofunction with Cordyceps sinensis" Jiangxi Zhongyiyao 5:46-47. From the Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 401.

Yang, W., T. Hu, D. Win, 1992. "The experiments on the Ganoderma lucidum extract for its anti-aging and invigoration effects." The 4th International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum. Seoul, Korea.

Yang, Q.Y. & C.Y. Kwok, ed., 1993. PSP International Symposium. Shanghai: Fudan University Press.

Yang, Q.Y. & Wang, M., 1994. "The effect of Ganoderma lucidum extract against fatigue and endurance in the absence of oxygen". Proceedings of Contributed Symposia 59 A,B. 5th International Congress. Vancouver, Canada, August 14-21, 101-104.

Yang, Q.Y. & J.N. Fang, X.T. Yang, 1994. The isolation and identification of two polysaccharides of Ganoderma lucidum (GL-A, GL-B). Proceedings of Contributed Symposium 59 A,B at the 5th International Mycological Congress, Vancouver, Canada, August 14-21.

Yoshida, J. 1989. "Antitumor activity of an extract of Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc. against murine tumor cell line." Japan J. Exper. Med. 59: 157-160.

You, J., D. Hau, K. Chen & H. Huang, 1994. "Combined effects of Chuling (Polyporus umbellatus) extract and mitomycin on experimental liver cancer" American J. Chinese Med. 22(1): 19-28.

Zeng, Q., J. Zhao, and Z. Deng. 1994(?) "The Anti-tumor Activity of Flammulina velutipes Polysaccharide (FVP)." Edible Fungi of China vol. 10, no. 2.

Zhang, L. and M. Yu, 1993. "Influence of Ling Zhi on natural killer cells—Immunopharmacological study (5). From The research on Ganoderma lucidum (part one). Shanghai: Shanghai Medical University Press, 246-253.

Zhang L.X., H. Mong, X.B. Zhou, 1993. "Effect of Japanese Ganoderma lucidum (GL) planted in Japan on the production of interleukin-2 from murine splenocytes." Chung Kuo Chung Hsi I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih 13(10): 613-5.

Zhou, A.R., 1987. "Studies on antitumor activity of Tremella polysaccharides." J. Beijing Med. Univ. 19: 150-.

Zhou, L., W. Yang, Y. Xu, Q. Zhu, Z. Ma, T. Zhu, X., Ge & J. Gao, 1990. "Short term curative effect of cultured Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc. mycelia in chronic hepatitis B." Chinese Journal of Materia Medica 15: 53-55, 65.

Zhou, D.H. & L.Z. Lin, 1995. "Effect of Jinshubao capsule on the immunological function of 36 patients with advanced cancer" Chung-Kuo-Chung-Hsi-I-Chieh-Ho-Tsa-Chih Aug: 15(8) :476-8.

Zhu, D. 1987. "Recent advances on the active components in Chinese medicines" Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 251-286.

Noteworthy Popular Articles

Beinfield, H., 1997. "Medicinal mushrooms: help yourself to a serving of health." Nature's Impact, December.

Chilton, J. 1993. "What are the health benefits of mushrooms?" Let's Live, Dec., pp. 24-29.

Dharmananda, S., 1988. "Medicinal mushrooms." Bestways Magazine, July, pp. 54-58.

Hobbs, C., 1997. "Mushroom medicine" Vegetarian Times, Nov. pp. 96-98.

Hobbs, C., 1997. "Medicine mushrooms" Herbs for Health, pp. 52-53. Jan/Feb.

Jones, K., 1997. "An ancient Chinese secret promotes longevity and endurance." Healthy & Natural Journal, vol. 3, issue 3, pp. 90-93.

Jones, K., 1997. "Shiitake: medicine in a mushroom" Herbs for Health, pp. 48-50, 54. Jan/Feb.

Smith, C. 1994. "Gold medal herbs". Natural Health May/June, pp. 85-87

Stanislaus, C., 1996. "Ling Zhi - medicine of kings." New Editions Health World, pp. 38-41.

Steinman, D., 1995. "Potent protectors." Natural Health, Nov-Dec. pp. 92-95; 134-135.

Weil, A. 1993. "Boost immunity with mushrooms." Natural Health, May-June, pp. 12-16.

Weil, A., 1997. "Miraculous mushrooms." Dr. Andrew Weil's Self Healing Newsletter, May, 1997.

Wiley, C. 1991. "The medicinal side of mushrooms." Vegetarian Times, March 1991.

Also check out http://www.ahccresearch.com/

they compiled a lot of the japanese, korean, european, and a few american studies on AHCC, derived from the shiitake alone.

look, if you don't believe me look for youself. search for every species on pubmed, webmd, or any other public research database and read the hundreds of study abstracts you're going to come accross. or you can buy the International Journal for Medicinal Mushrooms for published research.

there is a reason that these are part of the japanese national cancer treatment and used in every japanese hospital, let alone many, many other nations all over the world. they slow infection rates in hospitals during hospital intake (AHCC is widely used for this).

here's more info from sloan kettering and the ACS:

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/eto/content/eto_5_3x_maitake_mushroom.asp

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69353.cfm

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69377.cfm

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/97957.cfm

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69294.cfm

and there's a shit ton more.

Guest fiznuthian

Oh do please shut the fuck up.

why are you acting like this? am i asking for your money?

i'm telling you this because these mushrooms supplements 100% changed my life for the better.

i am no longer sad on a daily basis nor do i look like a piece of shit.

paul stamets is a passionate mycologist who STUDIES FUNGI, and has done so for 35 years, not just a medicinal mushroom fanatic selling supplements. he graduated from Evergreen Washington State University. he's an advisor for the integrative medical board at the University of Arizona, and his studies were NIH funded. so please refrain from dismissing me immediately and read.

Guest fiznuthian

whenever i see 'cordyceps' i'll always flash to the image of that otherworldly fungus taking over the ant's brain and killing it, then guiding his infected brain to climb to the top of the stalk and bomb the community of ants below, exposing them to that very infection, and so on, so forth, until the entire colony has been lain to waste.

so... it's not that stuff, i take it.

actually, it is. and the stamets blends im eating contain cordyceps replicated in an organic lab environment replicating the genetic makeup of the wild species, the one you saw in Planet Earth wiping insect colonies.

it does not infect and consume humans or animals, and hasn't for the past 1000 years of use in Asian nations.

my cordyceps supplements make watching people i work with suffer from fatigue laughable. coffee sucks compared to this.

Guest fiznuthian

That is all bulshit.

you really think i'm just proselytizing for no reason?

i refrained from telling anyone about these shrooms until after i tried them, and god damnit it worked for me 100%.

i can't even come close to denying it from myself. i was not in this good of condition, not anywhere close before i started eating them. i barely changed my diet, and only in the past week have i truly started running and giving my body the exercise it needs.

Guest 277: 930-933

Hey Fiznuthian, I didn't mean to attack you, it's great that this is working for you.

Just weary of miracle cures.

Thanks for the host of references, will check some out.

Archived