IGNORED

Remedial Sound Productions presents... 68.71(%)

BobDobalina

This marks my first foray into producing mixes in the digital domain, so for fuck's sake cop a listen and let me know what you think! WATMM fan favourites abound throughout the mix.

Hugs,

Bob

6871.png

Remedial Sound Productions presents...

68.71(%)

[soundcloud url="http://soundcloud.com/remedial/rsp-68-71" params="show_comments=true&auto_play=false&color=ff7700" width="100%" height="81" ]

http://soundcloud.com/remedial/rsp-68-71

A watertight curio of all things twisted, techno, and Tron. Dark but nonthreatening, unless you want it to be.

TRACKLIST:

Sly & Robbie - Drilling for Oil (Stripped to the Bone by Howie B)

Mouse on Mars - Schnick-Scnack

Namlook - Subharmonic Atoms (Pépé Bradock's Bug Remix)

Maurizio - MØ6B (Edit)

Model 500 - Nightdrive (Thru Babylon)

Mr. Oizo - Patrick 122

The Juan MacLean - Crush The Liberation

Vibert-Simmonds - Hurtin' Cyst

Kraftwerk - Aero Dynamik (Live)

Apologies for the fail, just starting out with this soundcloud stuff, and the [/burger] experience in the world can't help me embed the player :cisfor:

The real mix can be downloaded here:

http://soundcloud.com/remedial/remedial-sound-productions-68-71

And let a brutha know what you think!

I couldn't remember which WATMMer mixes under the name Remedial Sound Productions but I still have those two great 80's mixes you did and they both still get played regularly. Looking forward to this mix.

Thanks man! :blush: , I made those 80s mixes a couple of years ago, recorded straight from vinyl (took about 20 takes apiece) - glad you like them T, barely remember posting. These latest mixes are my first foray into ableton and feed into my more watmm-ish tastes, so any criticism or praise is appreciated!

Oh man I'd love to hear those 80's mixes! Seriously, I'd love to post em.

This is good. I had never heard a few of these, so that was cool. Good mixing too. What warp method are you using?

Oh man I'd love to hear those 80's mixes! Seriously, I'd love to post em.

This is good. I had never heard a few of these, so that was cool. Good mixing too. What warp method are you using?

Thanks man, not to sound like a pussy but it means a lot coming from ya Sneakstep :trashbear:

Warp method, oh man, I've still barely scratched the surface of ableton, but I'm using whatever the default is, which I think is "beats." For a lot of the tracks I import I need to tell live where the 1.1.1 beat is, and for this latest mix [68.71(%)] I had to delete about 20 or so warp markers at the beginning of the track because they made the ambient-ish intro slow down/speed up in fucked up (not good sounding) ways.

You an ableton user yourself? Things so far that I've yet to figure out that are bugging the shit out of me are:

- How to drop acapellas into a track (turn of warping but manually stretch the acapella to the master tempo).

- How to change the master tempo mid-mix - I know this is through a "song tempo" envelope in the master track, but the breakpoints only adjust to apeshit arbitrary tempos like 94.55. I want to be able to go from exactly 120 to exactly 108 over say 4 bars or something.

And as for the 80s mixes, I've still got 'em somewhere, so give me a little time and they'll be up! :cisfor:

I seeeee. The reason I ask is because I still definitely hear time stretching artifacts. If EYE were you, I'd use the re-pitch warp mode. It may get pitched up or down a bit, but I personally prefer not having artifacts. As for being an ableton user, yes, but I've never used it to DJ, just composition. check out THIS SITE. A lot of the basics are covered that will prob make your life a bit easier. It's updated daily-ish. I guess start at the bottom. Or not. Obviously EVERY tip won't be useful, but I'm pretty sure those questions you have are answered in an easy to understand

Also, the eq'ing of Nightdrive is atrocious. what's going on there?

I seeeee. The reason I ask is because I still definitely hear time stretching artifacts. If EYE were you, I'd use the re-pitch warp mode. It may get pitched up or down a bit, but I personally prefer not having artifacts. As for being an ableton user, yes, but I've never used it to DJ, just composition. check out THIS SITE. A lot of the basics are covered that will prob make your life a bit easier. It's updated daily-ish. I guess start at the bottom. Or not. Obviously EVERY tip won't be useful, but I'm pretty sure those questions you have are answered in an easy to understand

Also, the eq'ing of Nightdrive is atrocious. what's going on there?

Cool link, thanks for that! And what part of the eq on Nightdrive is atrocious? Presume you mean the intro over the Maurizio track(highs killed, then brought up in parallel with the looping) - after that the eq stays flat for the remainder. I think it sounds cool, but I've been wrong before :pedobear:

All of it. It sounds weak as heck in the low end, and some of the hi-mids and hi's are wayyyy too apparent.

Well then good sir your quarrel is with Juan Atkins or whoever mastered his Metroplex compilation, because apart from the intro I left the EQ untouched

Archived