IGNORED

nick cave to pen new crow script

delet...

The last we heard about Relativity Media's remake of "The Crow," producer Ed Pressman told MTV that an offer was out to a "major actor" and director Stephen Norrington ("Blade") had finished a "terrific" screenplay that would be set in two locations: "the southwest -- the Mexico/Arizona area -- and an urban [setting] -- Detroit or Pittsburgh or something like that."

Well apparently Norrington's take wasn't quite "terrific" enough, as Pressman recently told TheWrap that none other than iconic musician and acclaimed screenwriter Nick Cave has come on to rewrite the script.

Hiring Cave to rewrite Norrington's script is a bold move, but it may prove to be worth it in the long run, as Cave may be the perfect choice to help resurrect the fading franchise.

He made his screenwriting debut with John Hillcoat's 1988 prison drama "Ghosts … of the Civil Dead," but what really has this lifelong "Crow" fan excited is Cave's impressive work on Hillcoat's gritty Australian Western "The Proposition," which was awesome. thewrap

cek it

i was never into this franchise, and don't like nick caves music. But i'm sure to some on here this would be an intresting development.

Guest dilbthelame
Cave's keen sense of absurd humor may also help to rescue "The Crow" from its own self-seriousness, which ranks a "Billy Corgan" on the scale of One to Overearnest.

this made me laugh.

quite liked the original film, way back when i first saw it about a decade ago.... would be interested to see how this pans out

Guest Drahken

I'm sure I'll get some serious hate for this, I always do, but I hated the original movie. People wouldn't shut up about how amazing it was, how deep it was, how awesome the story was, how goth it was, fuck me it just wouldn't end.

I don't understand why this movie is so damn popular, its corny as fuck like some bad made for TV sci-fi thriller. The lead bad guy's name is Top Dollar? wtf? Ok, ok I'll back off cause I'm sure there are some serious fanboys on here, they like to lurk everywhere, and I respect that this movie represented a generation of repressed goth kids, but about the only thing memorable about this movie for me was that Brandon Lee died on the set.

Guest tht tne

I'm sure I'll get some serious hate for this, I always do, but I hated the original movie. People wouldn't shut up about how amazing it was, how deep it was, how awesome the story was, how goth it was, fuck me it just wouldn't end.

I don't understand why this movie is so damn popular, its corny as fuck like some bad made for TV sci-fi thriller. The lead bad guy's name is Top Dollar? wtf? Ok, ok I'll back off cause I'm sure there are some serious fanboys on here, they like to lurk everywhere, and I respect that this movie represented a generation of repressed goth kids, but about the only thing memorable about this movie for me was that Brandon Lee died on the set.

sure it could have been better but i loved the crow... the artwork in the original graphic novel pales in comparison to the live-action portrayal, so... i dunno

Guest Mirezzi
Cave's keen sense of absurd humor may also help to rescue "The Crow" from its own self-seriousness, which ranks a "Billy Corgan" on the scale of One to Overearnest.

this made me laugh.

Yeah, it's funny, but gives me the impression the author hasn't seen The Proposition, which, while not entirely without humor, was a very self-serious and earnest affair indeed.

Guest Z_B_Z

could be interesting. 'the proposition' was extremely well written so im crossing my fingers on this

i might rewatch the original. i havent seen it since i was like 13..

also dug caves recent novel

Nick Cave hasn't let me down yet, though to be fair it's only been about five years since I first got into his work. Definitely curious to see how it turns out. I need to watch Proposition again.

Archived