IGNORED

Post up your kit list

Guest butane bob

are me and RDJ the only ones using Vaios?

no, ~ism, blicero, me... and more i'm sure. i didn't know aphex used one when i got mine.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AlexPallas

are me and RDJ the only ones using Vaios?

no, ~ism, blicero, me... and more i'm sure. i didn't know aphex used one when i got mine.

i've actually had mine for years and it still outperforms most other computers.

i finally got around to buying a mouse for my laptop today, then i came home to find some stuff i'd ordered had arrived. so i can post a photo in here now, and not just of a laptop and headphones...

stuff.jpg

whats funny about these lists is that thier are always a few things you aren't proud of but list anyways

and then there are the people who no gear who resort to listing all thier software/vsts and things that have nothing to do with music

17 inch monitor

80gig harddrive

2 usb ports

logitech mouse

stack of blank cds

chair

mouse pad with picture of bubbles

soundrec.exe

Guest grasshoppa

This is my comfy set up which includes reaktor with a mc-303, midi keyboard, mixer and amp and tv + coffee + relax chair, and big moiniter....... but that does me bloody powerful likes

its kept clean by a constant lick

and my other midi keyboard doubles as a skateboard for getting to the shops extra quick

Guest Covert

I've got a minimalist setup, really. I can still learn to do more with it, though; it's what you do more than what you've got.

Hardware:

Behringer UB502 mixer

Tannoy Reveal Active monitors

Sennheiser HD25 headphones

Apple Powerbook (G4/1.5/12")

M-Audio Firewire Audiophile

M-Audio Oxygen 8

glow-in-the-dark toy drumsticks

(and: Boss ME-3030 guitar multieffects

Boss Blues Driver

RAK Overdrive

Parker P-38 "Fly" guitar

basic Encore P-bass copy

Washburn solid-top acoustic

Peavey practice amp

which I write on, but I've never worked my guitar into my tracks.)

Software:

mostly Reason 3, with

Tracktion

Ableton Live Lite 5

Audacity

That's it, really.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HankCrank

For the past few weeks I haven't used a computer at all during "music" making. Instead I have the following:

Machinedrum

|

|

|

Access Virus TI

|

|

|

HiFi.

Obviously this indicates I haven't actually recorded anything, but the feeling and ease of making music aurally rather than visually (with Live) is, hmm, liberating.

Guest Sleep McGriff

Software:

FL Studio Producer Edition (for all my programming, recording, and mixing needs)

Hardware:

M-Audio Radium 61 midi controller

Desktop computer

Various:

Schecter Omen 6 electric guitar

Washburn something-or-other acoustic guitar

Spider II 15-watt amp

My voice

Chloroseptic

A cup of water

A cheap microphone

Headphones

Despair

Hate

Guest boo
I have some studio pics on da website... [PICS YO!] just click on photos.

micro-studio (still probably wouldn't fit in the space i'm living in)

Guest aeser
I agree software isn't really gear to me.

it enables you to make music, just like hardware does. without the software it's just a computer, different software sounds different and enables you to do different things, just like hardware. i have hardware (good hardware at that) and still have an appreciation for hardware, i just don't really use it anymore. it just makes more sense to me to do everything in software.

I have some studio pics on da website... [PICS YO!] just click on photos.

micro-studio (still probably wouldn't fit in the space i'm living in)

Micro indeed but it's still growing. I might be picking up a Roland 303 in the next couple weeks and that'll look sexy.

I agree software isn't really gear to me.

it enables you to make music, just like hardware does. without the software it's just a computer, different software sounds different and enables you to do different things, just like hardware. i have hardware (good hardware at that) and still have an appreciation for hardware, i just don't really use it anymore. it just makes more sense to me to do everything in software.

I agree, maybe softerware isn't "gear" by your definitions but is just as important to understanding the musical workflow and tendencies of a particular person. I think for the purposes of this thread you should explain, at least under the subset of your digital audio workstation, what software setup you use. Anyays, maybe i should read the begging of this thread to see if it talks about only hardware or what interfaces ingeneral you use to play music.

Guest aeser
I think for the purposes of this thread you should explain, at least under the subset of your digital audio workstation, what software setup you use.

digital performer

reaktor

kontakt

moog modular v

peak

maxmsp

controlled by a remote 25 and keystation 88

Guest edge

I have shit all room, so some things just didn't make the cut into this pic

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
mattssetup.jpg

1.4 athlon

1 gig

audiophile 24/96

oxygen 8

mackie dfx-12 mixer

yamaha rm1x

ableton live 5 as midi sequencer

^setup for alpha plus projects

reason 3.0

^setup for yekker projects

by the end of the year i should have a brand new dual processor computer to run multiple vsts (can't run vsts at the moment really on my current steup

Guest Mr. Magoo

hey edge how the fuck did you get a tr-707 in new zealand, i'm in perth and can't find shit, ebay?

any tips i want one?

Guest edge

hey edge how the fuck did you get a tr-707 in new zealand, i'm in perth and can't find shit, ebay?

any tips i want one?

www.trademe.co.nz

Yeah there's two on trademe at the moment, and one of them is my extra one :D

Guest Analogue Wings

any tips i want one?

www.trademe.co.nz

Yeah there's two on trademe at the moment, and one of them is my extra one :D

All the X0X boxes are on there fairly regularly, but mostly they get no bids, cos they're at "fair" rather than "bargain" prices. There's been a 606 on there forever for $500. I got mine on there for $250 :jedi:

Why are you selling this one and keeping the other?

Guest edge

Yeah man I got my 606 for $200 which i was really happy about, one went for $40 once :omg:

I've got two 707's dude I really dont need tw of 'em, i got one really mucky and cheap from a friend so i cleaned it up and thought I should punt it off, gotta pay rent somehow ;)

Oh erm, anyone got a 505 sitting around they dont need? :grin:

Magoo: Listen slick, if my 707 doesn't go on Wednesday and you're still keen PM me and I'll sell it to ya at watmm-brother rates!

Archived