IGNORED

I thought the Lady Gaga meat suit was a joke

Guest Fishtank

if you really hate lady gaga or are the least bit interested in her and why she's risen so fast to pop superstardom, this article breaks it all down for you:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/magazine/article389697.ece

Lady Gaga is a manufactured personality, and a recent one at that. Photos of Stefani Germanotta just a few years ago show a bubbly brunette with a glowing complexion. The Gaga of world fame, however, with her heavy wigs and giant sunglasses (rudely worn during interviews) looks either simperingly doll-like or ghoulish, without a trace of spontaneity. Every public appearance, even absurdly at airports where most celebrities want to pass incognito, has been lavishly scripted in advance with a flamboyant outfit and bizarre hairdo assembled by an invisible company of elves.

Furthermore, despite showing acres of pallid flesh in the fetish-bondage garb of urban prostitution, Gaga isn’t sexy at all – she’s like a gangly marionette or plasticised android. How could a figure so calculated and artificial, so clinical and strangely antiseptic, so stripped of genuine eroticism have become the icon of her generation? Can it be that Gaga represents the exhausted end of the sexual revolution? In Gaga’s manic miming of persona after persona, over-conceptualised and claustrophobic, we may have reached the limit of an era…

Guest Coalbucket PI

if you really hate lady gaga or are the least bit interested in her and why she's risen so fast to pop superstardom, this article breaks it all down for you:

Lady Gaga is a manufactured personality, and a recent one at that. Photos of Stefani Germanotta just a few years ago show a bubbly brunette with a glowing complexion. The Gaga of world fame, however, with her heavy wigs and giant sunglasses (rudely worn during interviews) looks either simperingly doll-like or ghoulish, without a trace of spontaneity. Every public appearance, even absurdly at airports where most celebrities want to pass incognito, has been lavishly scripted in advance with a flamboyant outfit and bizarre hairdo assembled by an invisible company of elves.

Furthermore, despite showing acres of pallid flesh in the fetish-bondage garb of urban prostitution, Gaga isn’t sexy at all – she’s like a gangly marionette or plasticised android. How could a figure so calculated and artificial, so clinical and strangely antiseptic, so stripped of genuine eroticism have become the icon of her generation? Can it be that Gaga represents the exhausted end of the sexual revolution? In Gaga’s manic miming of persona after persona, over-conceptualised and claustrophobic, we may have reached the limit of an era…

Quite a nice little section, I think the first half gives a little too much credit. 'Lavishly scripted" etc... I think a general air of importance and a blue wig has been sufficient for the media

I see your shitty paper and I raise you a better one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/13/camille-paglia-lady-gaga

lol welcome to the real world

i don't know why she bugs everyone so much. just put her on ignore, for reals y0!

No way dude. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

holy mother of lol :facepalm:

here's a breakdown of the paragraphs for my watmms:

she escapes serious scrutiny by touring the globe. she says things that are not backed up by others.

she says she likes her fans and claims to help them.

her bourgeois upbringing does not lend credibility to her outlandish freakish persona.

her public persona is highly premeditated. elves help her w/ her outfits.

she isn't sexy. [this is reiterated in the next 3 paragraphs as well w/ bombastic claims about the "death of sex" and so on]

she borrows heavily from madonna but is not better than her.

she borrows from several other performers who are all better. trannies are sexier than her.

she has limited facial expressions. again, she isn't sexy.

madonna is better.

she's pretentious b/c she wants to be popular and avant-garde. she's compared to two more female performers, both much better.

her limited facial expressions and weak vocals don't bother fans b/c they text a lot.

her fans are emotionally stunted. technology has blurred the distinction between public and private, thus her lyrics about her vagina.

I see your shitty paper and I raise you a better one.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/13/camille-paglia-lady-gaga

Bravo! Match and point, Sir - Match and point.

Archived