IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We (especially Jens) have added a bunch of new content to Minecraft that we want to get out asap, so there will be a content patch update next week with a whole pile of fun new toys, including a water mob and quite possibly paint if we can figure out how exactly it should work.

Better Combat system a few extra fun things to create would bring me back. If you don't see me around a lot in the games current state, once it hits final I'm sure I'll be all over it.

thanks mobugs for gettin me some Lava and snow, also kokoon and especially pete for basically doing half of it <3!

:aphexsign:

nice, i hope you grabbed the snow from my chest then? cause i shoveled like 8 stacks or something :)

i think that in years to come it will be remembered as proof positive that you don't need a dev team numbering in the hundreds and a budget of millions of dollars to make a hugely successful game.

all you need is a great idea, lots of creativity, and lots of love. it almost brings us back to the early days of 8-bit gaming when you could make a hit game by yourself in your basement, like braben and bell did with elite.

it really makes me so happy.

agreed, I think what this and a number of other games really prove is that finally, the "indie" game market is a viable thing, just as it is with film. More people are playing than ever before, and more people who have been playing since they were kids, so there are all sorts of niches for niche products, nostalgia products, etc. Thanks also to Steam, XBLA, PSN, etc...

a number of other games really prove

the other five that immediately come to mind are super meat boy, PB winterbottom, machinarium, zen bound 2, and braid. i'd rank all of those in my top twenty of games that i've played in the last year or two. go indie games! :emotawesomepm9:

Archived