IGNORED

Laptops

Guest Gary C

If either of you can tell me what you think is so special about Macbooks that warrants spending the extra money on them, have at it. Same processors, same GPUs, same motherboards, same chinese manufacturing plants

the light up apple on the front. Deffinitely.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If either of you can tell me what you think is so special about Macbooks that warrants spending the extra money on them, have at it. Same processors, same GPUs, same motherboards, same chinese manufacturing plants

the light up apple on the front. Deffinitely.

one of my housemates has this ugly, chunky white dell laptop, and he's hilariously stuck an apple logo sticker over the dell logo on the front. i chortled.

Fuck, now the Toshiba (with Blu-Ray) is £50 cheaper. Down to £750, but with a 10% discount I'll be on the right side of £700 and my preferred target. I'm not sure I can refrain 'til New Year's. I need some kind of assurance that it will definitely be cheaper even still.

i'm considering getting something on interest free credit from here...

My link

£600-700 laptop for about £5 for 52 weeks. what's the catch?

for that price it's 156 weeks of repayment with 30% APR. So a £500 laptop you'll pay back around £876 after 3 years! Interest free your repayments are about £10 a week over 52 weeks.

i'm considering getting something on interest free credit from here...

My link

£600-700 laptop for about £5 for 52 weeks. what's the catch?

for that price it's 156 weeks of repayment with 30% APR. So a £500 laptop you'll pay back around £876 after 3 years! Interest free your repayments are about £10 a week over 52 weeks.

yeah £5/week was a wild exaggeration on my part. i could easily pay around £10 a week for 52 weeks interest free.

seems the catch is that the prices on this site are pretty steep.

• 2 weeks later...

My old T60p Lenovo is having its last night tonight. As I will maybe change it tomorrow after a "lucky" gifting under the family Christmas tree. If it´s not going to happen, then I am sentenced to another long year of "too-simple" computer working, while the half of functions normal pc have are on this crapper not possible. ...posting while enjoying the sound of my breakcore fan.

if only I would be at home now so I can scroll through the magazines and pick some cool stuff for you. I was into laptops a lot these days, but without the papers I can remember a shit.

What about Toshiba Qosmio?

...new Lenovo Think Pads are quite cool too... something around SL510, quite strong machines(not only for fun).

Not HP. In 6 months I've had a new battery, mouse pad, keys and after getting it back from it's latest repair, the wifi adapter is fucked. A MacBook pro is my next purchase.

Archived