IGNORED

Prefuse 73/Jaytram/Epstein (Remix album)

sidewinder

Prefuse 73/Jaytram/Epstein

1873.jpg

http://cargocollective.com/robertocarloslange#829624/Epstein/Prefuse/Jaytram

Prefuse 73/Jaytram/Epstein

Cover art by Carlos Lange

Catalog: AKR079

This remix record wanders through the minds of Jaytram (drummer for Yeasayer) and Prefuse 73. They were both asked to plunder and ravage the entire Epstein catalog as the source material and pass it through their respective creative processes. These two creators are less worried about a notion of sanctity of the original and instead are visionaries with the material, engineering something previously unimaginable. There are about 1 million adjectives needed to try to cartograph a tangible roadmap to where this record leads, but we would rather you just take your own journey.

01 haunted hotel beat - Jaytram - 4:20

02 learning dream - Jaytram - 4:18

03 Joy me - Jaytram - 5:10

04 you know they out - Jaytram - 3:00

05 sleep watching clouds - Jaytram - 3:02

06 passing threw - Jaytram - 2:55

07 Moda de hormigón - Prefuse 73 - 2:45

08 Enfermo abrazos - Prefuse 73 - 3:19

09 Un montón de flotando - Prefuse 73 - 1:24

10 Temporal tempo - Prefuse 73 - 2:32

11 Mar del Enfermo abrazos - Prefuse 73 - 1:03

12 Cuando nos escondemos - Prefuse 73 - 3:36

13 Seite campanas de la Serenidad - Prefuse 73 - 3:23

available at Asthmatic Kitty

My own words: Roberto Carlos Lange is an under-appreciated badass - I've been wanting to create a thread to show appreciation and introduce him to those who don't know him. He records as Epstein, Epstein y El Conjunto, Boom & Birds, ROM, and under his own name. He collaborated on the last Savath & Savalas album (actually he's listed a member). I personally haven't heard it, as I'm not really a big fan of the S&S project - but I really should check it out. To sum up his own work, he makes latin-tinged instrumental hip-hop. A few of his Epstein albums have guest MCs on some tracks, those tracks being pretty killer. If you're a big Prefuse 73 fan like I am, you've been sleeping on this guy and it's time to wake up.

Ok I found this link which talks about a specific remix by Prefuse, but the song/video posted is the original from Epstein y El Conjunto - not a remix.

http://www.xlr8r.com/mp3/2010/12/seite-campanas-de-la-serenidad-p

Edit: oops there's an audio track below the video - the remix they speak of.

Archived