IGNORED

Effects Pedal for my brother

goffer

I know fuck all about guitars/effects pedals so hopefully someone can give me some ideas.

My brother is a simple dude with simple tastes and doesn't lust for much, but I think he would dig it.

He has an acoustic electric guitar right now and that's about it.

Budget: ~$150

Here is a link so one of their videos to give you an idea of his sound (he's the dude on the left with the red body): LINK

Thanks WATMM

How about an all round multi-effects pedal like a Zoom G2 - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/zoom/g2/index.html

Built well and will give him lots to try out before going and buying any specific pedals in the future.

EDIT: He may want the version with the pedal at the side though which might be a little out of your budget - http://www.hartnollguitars.co.uk/products.asp?id=1697

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Wrong if he doesn't already have one, buying one of these off craigslist is the best $150 you could spend on a guitar pedal. Easily the most fun to be had for that money. The looping and delays on that are endless fun. Very versatile. Seriously if he doesn't have a looper or a good delay pedal this is a no brainer.

Line 6 DL4

Line6_DL4_Delay_500.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I have no understanding why you would want to just get a Boss pedal like that when the Line 6 Filter Modulator exists with true signal bypass has like 16 or 32 different more adjustable and just as good sounding of synthesis.. unless you have a lot of money to spend on a bunch of individual pedals and an expensive midi activated gate opener to only welcome specific pedals into your signal chain exactly when you want them. The Line 6 FX boxes are amazing especially for an average of $150 or less on craigslist, say what you want about the last few generations Line 6 amp modelers for how difficult they could be to get a perfectly high gain Dual Recto sound or whatever but the multi-FX boxes these days are unbeatable for convenience, value and versatility.

Guest tht tne

digitech makes good multi-effects units; i used to have a digitech rp2000 that included the digitech talker effect and it is probably available for ~$150 by now

Guest nsixqatsi

I have no understanding why you would want to just get a Boss pedal like that when the Line 6 Filter Modulator exists with true signal bypass has like 16 or 32 different more adjustable and just as good sounding of synthesis.. unless you have a lot of money to spend on a bunch of individual pedals and an expensive midi activated gate opener to only welcome specific pedals into your signal chain exactly when you want them. The Line 6 FX boxes are amazing especially for an average of $150 or less on craigslist, say what you want about the last few generations Line 6 amp modelers for how difficult they could be to get a perfectly high gain Dual Recto sound or whatever but the multi-FX boxes these days are unbeatable for convenience, value and versatility.

omgwtf_eyes.gif

Guest Scrambled Ears

what I like about the boss pedals is the ability to actually play them. say you have an octaver or chorus that is giving you a doubling or gliss effect when on. you can actually play the pedal to accentuate this like doug wimbish @ the start of this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f35NVX_PU0

whats nice about the boss pedals is that theyre quiet and the resistance to the foot is perfect. if you are trying to mic this kind of effect in a modest studio anything with metal switches will be too loud/not as good rhythmically

that said i love line6 and that is a sick delay

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong if he doesn't already have one, buying one of these off craigslist is the best $150 you could spend on a guitar pedal. Easily the most fun to be had for that money. The looping and delays on that are endless fun. Very versatile. Seriously if he doesn't have a looper or a good delay pedal this is a no brainer.

Line 6 DL4

Line6_DL4_Delay_500.jpg

I ended up getting him this and he is quite pleased :)

Thanks!

Archived