IGNORED

Roger Waters - The Wall Tour 2011

KovalainenFanBoy

Guest Beefuncle

When I heard his tour announced on the radio I :facepalm:

I can't believe that old fart is still touring the Wall...

He is an anus disguised as a human.

i'm not sure it's entirely for the $$$. i'm sure that's a healthy portion of the motivation, but honestly, the guy is a showman, and everything i've heard about this is that it's beyond epic in scale and technology.

the wall was envisioned from the beginning as being highly theatrical... and the 90s-era wall concerts attest to that to some degree, but this, from what i've heard, is a better realisation of the entire concept.

doesn't seem like something to be angry about, at any rate. hoping to catch it next week in anaheim.

Guest Greg Reason

He's just doing it for the $$$ but, who cares, it's the ffffing Wall. I've always loved that album... It's a pretty bad album but I can't stop loving it

I don't know that he's just doing it for cash. If I wrote a masterpiece like that I'd still be touring it thirty years on too.

• 2 weeks later...

ironically, he wrote most of the wall because he hated being on tour, playing in front of large audiences and wanted to get away from the crowd somehow.

now he lip syncs that album in front of 25,000 people a night. :facepalm:

it's for the money.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Greg Reason

I saw the Dark Side of the Moon tour in 07 and not only was it one of the most impressive shows I've ever seen but he sure as hell wasn't lip-synching.

Archived