IGNORED

charlie brooker

MildewOnRice

Guest Dirty Protest

He had a new program on BBC2 last night, for any non-Brits that care and might have missed it.Takes Adam Curtis' lead even more than has last works (thats not a bad thing). My link

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His new show was alright; much more like old Screenwipe when he'd try to have a theme.

Apparently the first episode is one of the weakest though, so it should get better.

We don't get to sample the new show up here in Scotland until tonight (thoguh I daresy I could now by watching via the iplayer). Hope he doesn't abandon Screenwipe completely, as it's a fantastic show.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I didn't realise this was happening but I was lucky enough to be watching bb2 when it came on. It was good, not great. He's repeating himself with some of it, I swear he did Threads before and some of the public information films. Not sure if I liked the sketches in general either. Otherwise good.

yeah, the sketches fell flat for me. and other than that, like gary says, it seemed a lot like an episode of screenwipe. it was decent though, and i couldn't fully take it in as i'd had a few.

Agreed. The sketches were the least funny parts for me too. I didn't laugh a lot actually. I haven't really laughed as much since the first few series of Screenwipe, but it's still one of the best things on TV, so hey ho.

Needs more Shitpeas.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

new show is good.

its half adam curtis serious and half chris morris creepy/funny. a good combo.

its very newswipey too

the fear thing has been done to death so hopefully the next episode will feel fresher in its content

was good to see kevin eldon on here too. makes me wonder what mark heap is upto these days. last i saw him he was in a fourtet video

I quite enjoyed it, I mean I'd basically seen all that archive footage before and he was pretty much treading old ground but enjoyable all the same ! Nice reference to insanely odd cartoon Ludwig in the middle too....

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wow episode2 was good. kevin eldons sexual mime had me laughing hard and unable to breathe. watched it again and almost the same reaction.

and other parts made me sad. which i guess is the idea.

the old people and the realization that i watch too much tv (i watch grand designs lol)

wow episode2 was good. kevin eldons sexual mime had me laughing hard and unable to breathe. watched it again and almost the same reaction.

Yeah that was good and was what I guess was a particularly biting (yet hilarious) swipe at Two Pints of Lager too...

kevin eldons sexual mime had me laughing hard and unable to breathe.

i gently smiled at the start and it built up as he kept going until i sprayed beer out of my nose.

is it on youtube? i'd happily watch it again.

Decent episode. Not the 'Love' theme that the BBC forums said it would be. Quite depressing overall, but I guess that's cool in it's own way.

I personally didn't mind Two Pints so much. It was very stupid, embarassingly low-culture, but the actors were earnest and I think the writer had some decent ideas once in a while.

It does deserve to be ripped up though.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Second episode was better, I like it. If anything it was rushed, he could have made an hour on the theme of age. I liked the bit about dads in adverts especially.

Archived