photo-10.jpeg

photo-11.jpeg

photo-12.jpeg

photo-13.jpeg

photo-14.jpeg

photo-15.jpeg

photo-16.jpeg

photo-17.jpeg

Yeah purple records the owner is cool, he doesn't speak english though, so have your gf along to translate.

The underground shopping arcade near namdaemun has loads of vinyl but it's all classical or show tunes or stuff like that, i never found time to do any real digging there.

Those cheese sausages were one of my favorite snacks. :)

Yeah one bottle of soju is just the warm-up. when you get up to 3 bottles then it hits you and you lose time. And since it's like a dollar a bottle, it's an awesome cheap drunk. Mix with Vita500 for an excellent neon cocktail.

aw man, i'm still rocking OB and hite as far as beer goes. still can't stomach soju though—but i was never was a liquor kind of guy. curious about mixing soju with vita500 though. but my gf's parents have been really accommodating in paying for the meals and drinks so far; still waiting for the right time to pay for the family dinner.

but yeah, just spent ~$90 at Purple Records, the biggest purchase being a $40 San Ul Lim record. Other than that, though, most of the purchases were basically gambles. Should be interesting. Too early to say i miss smoking weed? probably. BUT. i miss smoking weed lol.

day 3 photos:

photo-0.jpeg

photo-1.jpeg

photo-2.jpeg

photo-3.jpeg

photo-4.jpeg

photo-5.jpeg

photo-6.jpeg

photo-7.jpeg

photo-8.jpeg

photo-9.jpeg

photo-10.jpeg

photo-11.jpeg

photo-12.jpeg

photo-13.jpeg

photo-14.jpeg

photo-15.jpeg

photo-16.jpeg

photo-17.jpeg

photo-18.jpeg

photo-19.jpeg

photo-20.jpeg

Guest Al Hounos

소갈비...

HomerDrool.png

also try some 육회 while you're here, even if you don't like steak tartare. also go to a backalley 고등어 구이 place, there's an incredible one near Dongdaemun, but they're all over.

ok2t.jpg

He has either got

a) a boner

b) an alien coming out of his stomach

c) umbilical hernia

Also, I want to go to South Korea - right now! Maybe even moreso than I want to go to Japan.

i don't want to be the guy to say you probably have to take a fucking plane to get to jeju island, but you probably have to take a fucking plane to get to jeju island.

my gf and i went to myeongdong again today, along with ilsandong to drop off her mom's painting at (i think) seoul arts center for an exhibition opening tomorrow. We ended up wandering through alleys of absurdly cheap clothing and managed to lose a bunch of cash picking up gifts for friends. After that, we stopped at Ttrak of Bloo, which is a TOTAL fucking letdown—not worth wasting your time on, vinyl-wise. But I nabbed another, much better copy of San Ul Lim's second album at LPLove in Hoehyeon underground market (i got hosed at the other place i went to)—and I also picked up San Ul Lim's first album for thirty bucks as well...suffice it to say, my priorities have been heavy on shopping so far.

after that, we all went out to gobble up fishcakes, spicy ricecakes and omelettes with beer and soju, following that stopped elsewhere to get some pork/beansprouts and really excellent (deep?)fried potato—kind of like the japanese croquettes, but more...amazing. fighting off the urge to sleep as we speak.

but we'll be hitting up a temple (whose name i unfortunately can't remember) and namsan tower tomorrow before the exhibition opening, so my cultural understanding might deepen just a little bit tomorrow.

working on having sex. shit is difficult when we're staying at her parents' place.

Guest Al Hounos

so how do you like the snow? i hope you're drinking chamiseul original, not that 'fresh' shit. anyway, i love korea:

[youtubehd]LiGbHvcgbIo[/youtubehd]

Archived