IGNORED

pho

Fred McGriff

I always have Bun when I eat Vietnamese - and almost always with egg rolls (Cha Gio) chopped up in it. It's that minced pork filling that makes them so tasty, especially when the spicy duck sauce soaks into them.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pho Ga is pretty good, especially with the little side dish of garlic dipping sauce that a few places provide to accompany the Ga variety

Pho Cafe on Sunset in Echo Park/Silverlake does it really well. Also, try the Lemongrass Steak and Eggroll Bun on warmer days.

4241726261_8f03058468.jpg

Not my pic; looks way better in person, and I don't usually do the shrimp. But this stuff satisfies on a hot day the same way pho satisfies on a cold one. Those egg rolls are like crack. Better than crack. Fuck they're good.

This place is my go-to. It's amazing. The clientele is a little hipster, due to location, but whatever, those hipsters are choosing their Vietnamese food correctly. Cash only, no sign out front, pure flavorsex inside, quickly served.

Jefferoo, go there sometime. I think you'll like it.

Went there again last night, had to fap about it in this thread today.

dear gods, that looks fucking amazing

drooling_homer.png

Just had Pho for the first time tonight and it was amazing. Filet minion style! The beef was super thin and tender. It was good on its own then i experimented with the additions. The onions, scallions, bean sprouts, basil and squeeze of lime sent me into orbit.

Archived