IGNORED

why Pitchfork is a fag

Alzado

It's proberbly just me, but I have no idea what you lot are on about.

In fact, this thread is a bit like a Pitchfork record review (making a massive mountain out of a teeny-weeny molehill and really mother/father/granny/goat fuckingly dull).

If I was the big fat toad at Pitchfork, I'd employ the lot of you. You all sound like Pitchfork writers, hahah the irony of it all!

does that make you the hipster who constantly talks about how awful pitchfork is, yet continues to read it anyways?

Hahah the irony of it all continues. I never heard of a hipster before logging onto WATMM. It's something you Americans on these forums seem to constantly harp on about and live in constant fear of. It's like the new cold war lol. I am not sure what a 'hipster' is I have a vague idea, and I guess you would get beaten up round my way for looking like one.

I do read the headlines but don't get much further. It's like the most unrock and roll geekish people in the world, talking constantly about rock and roll. NO FUCKING WONDER EVERYONE RECKONS ROCK AND ROLL IS DEAD! When you have Pitchfork droning on about it.

Pitchfork killed rock and roll! Cheers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact, this thread is a bit like a Pitchfork record review (making a massive mountain out of a teeny-weeny molehill and really mother/father/granny/goat fuckingly dull).

If I was the big fat toad at Pitchfork, I'd employ the lot of you. You all sound like Pitchfork writers, hahah the irony of it all!

does that make you the hipster who constantly talks about how awful pitchfork is, yet continues to read it anyways?

Hahah the irony of it all continues. I never heard of a hipster before logging onto WATMM. It's something you Americans on these forums seem to constantly harp on about and live in constant fear of. It's like the new cold war lol. I am not sure what a 'hipster' is I have a vague idea, and I guess you would get beaten up round my way for looking like one.

I do read the headlines but don't get much further. It's like the most unrock and roll geekish people in the world, talking constantly about rock and roll. NO FUCKING WONDER EVERYONE RECKONS ROCK AND ROLL IS DEAD! When you have Pitchfork droning on about it.

Well said, in my opinion hipsters, dj nate, and all this other nonsense is only common in my experience because of people complaining about them. If everyone just ignored the crap that they don't agree with, we'd have a lot more focus on things that we appreciate.

That "2011-trend kill" thread is a prime example of how angry watmm is sometimes.

Guest disparaissant

i actually don't give a shit and actually am something of a hipster, according to just about everyone i know. it was just an opportunity to be snarky i couldn't pass up!

rock and roll died well before fucking pitchfork, though.

Well said, in my opinion hipsters, dj nate, and all this other nonsense is only common in my experience because of people complaining about them. If everyone just ignored the crap that they don't agree with, we'd have a lot more focus on things that we appreciate.

That "2011-trend kill" thread is a prime example of how angry watmm is sometimes.

christ yes, people utterly seething about things as insignificant as cute hats shaped like animals and sidechain compression.

christ yes, people utterly seething about things as insignificant as... sidechain compression.

it would be funny if you meant me, because i would call my complaints extremely far from 'seething'

i don't like certain things, just like you don't like certain foods. it's interesting though that people feel the need to characterize someone who expresses dislike for something as angry, 'seething' or a hater, makes me wonder if they just can't accept or just be content with the notion that other people really dislike things they really like? I feel in a sense that it stems from a 'fake it till you make it' mind set, where maybe in someone's heart of hearts they know something is bad or not very good but force themselves to like it haha

Guest disparaissant

christ yes, people utterly seething about things as insignificant as... sidechain compression.

it would be funny if you meant me, because i would call my complaints extremely far from 'seething'

i don't like certain things, just like you don't like certain foods. it's interesting though that people feel the need to characterize someone who expresses dislike for something as angry, 'seething' or a hater, makes me wonder if they just can't accept or just be content with the notion that other people really dislike things they really like? I feel in a sense that it stems from a 'fake it till you make it' mind set, where maybe in someone's heart of hearts they know something is bad or not very good but force themselves to like it haha

christ, i wasn't talking about anyone specifically, chill out. i was talking about the general attitude of the thread and just thought of the first two complaints that came to mind.

Archived