IGNORED

holy shit!!

Guest happycase

Guest thepilot

opinion: this shit is deplorable. rapping about one's jeans being skinny. who listens to this? Fucking black hipster filth dancing and making money in an already putrid musical wasteland. this popular "urban" culture exists as a heinous shit stain glorified by the insipid masses. /

opinion: this shit is deplorable. rapping about one's jeans being skinny. who listens to this? Fucking black hipster filth dancing and making money in an already putrid musical wasteland. this popular "urban" culture exists as a heinous shit stain glorified by the insipid masses. /

:braindance:

Guest Gbiscuit

that cat daddy alone is pretty alright! I like that one guys flow with that weird haircut.

This.

Guest thepilot

I've learned of a lot of interesting music from individuals posting on this website, so I have a certain degree of respect for the tastes of those that can be seen to have contributed to my musical edification. Although there is indeed no accounting for taste, I can only hope that those recommending or lauding this sort of music are doing so in the name of irony or for the sheer thrill of incongruity. Any form of music that is so blatantly contingent upon pop-culture references and au courant slang is immediately dated and obviously manufactured to be palatable to those most easily susceptible to social trends. Popular hiphop culture is sickeningly superficial and thus its music is grossly ineffective as a serious art form. I know there are exceptions and I'm sure to devotees they are obvious and many. Such is why I stress the 'popular' aspect as the main qualifier for this condition. I've heard numerous explanations as to why popular rap lyrics are devoted almost exclusively to topics of unavailing superficiality, shameless self-aggrandizement, and brutish misogyny. These are topics easily comprehended by the simplest, most abject minds in our society which frankly make up the greater part of the record buying/downloading public. And sadly, these malleable dolts are more than happy to finance these sonic abominations in the name of having a new set of dance steps with a ridiculous name that can double as a catchy ring tone.

Popular hiphop culture is sickeningly superficial and thus its music is grossly ineffective as a serious art form.

Exactly so why go to all the trouble to write an essay about it? I don't think you're proving anybody wrong, I don't think there are mobs of people going around crying PLEASE TAKE OUR BLATANTLY SILLY STREET MUSIC SERIOUSLY, THIS IS TRUE EXPRESSION OF THE SOUL! THIS IS A FUCKING MOVEMENT! No, this doesn't happen because unlike you most people don't live in loony land.

This is music for fun. It's not meant to break sonic boundaries or tickle the g-spot in your subconcious. Some dudes just wake up and say "I think I could make a really catchy hook singing about my dick/car/lady friends." Why is that a problem?

Good God :facepalm: don't take shit so seriously all the time watmm.

Popular hiphop culture is sickeningly superficial and thus its music is grossly ineffective as a serious art form.

Exactly so why go to all the trouble to write an essay about it? I don't think you're proving anybody wrong, I don't think there are mobs of people going around crying PLEASE TAKE OUR BLATANTLY SILLY STREET MUSIC SERIOUSLY, THIS IS TRUE EXPRESSION OF THE SOUL! THIS IS A FUCKING MOVEMENT! No, this doesn't happen because unlike you most people don't live in loony land.

This is music for fun. It's not meant to break sonic boundaries or tickle the g-spot in your subconcious. Some dudes just wake up and say "I think I could make a really catchy hook singing about my dick/car/lady friends." Why is that a problem?

Good God :facepalm: don't take shit so seriously all the time watmm.

^this.

Guest MrSparkle666

Damn, Cat Daddy is the sickest hiphop tune I've heard in a loooong time. I can't stop listening to it. Thanks for posting.

Archived