IGNORED

Korg Poly 800?

Guest The Bro

Guest hahathhat

it's a bit thin and nasal at the end of the day, but i could write patches on it forever and not get bored.

Guest elliot

poly 800 is god awful i wanted sooooo much to like it but its just rubbish. it shouldnt be worth more than 100 quid, try get a juno106 or if u really want korg analog pad the 61 isnt too bad,but really juno106 shouldnt be much more expensive and is miles better.

fuck though i feel bad for you in the uk i mean the prices are fucking crazy, i've been paying about 40 percent less for all the good stuff in new zealand. tb 303 cost me about 500 pounds juno 60 was like 400 pounds(including the repairs it took to get it 100 percent working) this is all in the last year too

Guest sirch

Unlike the Poly800, the Poly61 is a true polysynth. Oddly limited range, given it out specs a Juno, but what it does is really nice and it gets you out of that Juno rut nicely. I've never seen or heard of a Poly61M for sale.

it doesn't have that wicked Roland filter, tho! or the lovely chorus effect. the filter goes up in set steps, as you know, which is pretty shit, imho. but then i think so does the Poly-800, unless you get that slayer mod.

the Poly-61 does have a cool arpegiator, tho... and the joystick is pretty 'neat' and handy. they're an ok polysynth for the money, but they do weigh a fucking ton! unlike the Poly-800.

Guest sirch

poly 800 is god awful i wanted sooooo much to like it but its just rubbish. it shouldnt be worth more than 100 quid, try get a juno106 or if u really want korg analog pad the 61 isnt too bad,but really juno106 shouldnt be much more expensive and is miles better.

fuck though i feel bad for you in the uk i mean the prices are fucking crazy, i've been paying about 40 percent less for all the good stuff in new zealand. tb 303 cost me about 500 pounds juno 60 was like 400 pounds(including the repairs it took to get it 100 percent working) this is all in the last year too

a 106 is about 3 times the price of a Poly-61 over here.

Guest analogue wings

it doesn't have that wickedtotally played out Roland filter, tho!

Fixt

Poly61 has a fucking gorgeous filter and nothing else sounds quite like it

Guest analogue wings

'80s Rolands all sound like '80s Rolands, except 303 which funnily enough has a totally different filter

Guest Promo

korg ms2000 is quite good.

I don't have an ms2000 myself, but I made this track entirely out of a recording done on an ms2000 and it sounds like a pretty nice synth to me.

That's a nice tune dude. Seems to jar a little from about 1.20 onwards though.

^Nah man I'm just being all jazzy an' shit :sup:

But yeah actually, that's probably from trying to mix bits of the original track's melody into the new track's melody which doesn't really resemble it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SampleScience

If I remember well I saw a picture of Boards of Canada using a an1x for a live show. Must be pretty good....

• 1 month later...

Bump

Using the Poly as a hardware sequencer now. I'm hesitant to touch the speed slider because it doesn't show exact tempo & I don't want things going off-beat if I go back later to add new parts to a song. Initially I was going to just do everything at the fastest speed, but that's 110/220bpm, which is too slow or too fast for most of my tracks. Anyone know the bpm range, & by how many increments it increases as you adjust the slider?(so I know how careful to be whilst touching that dial)

Archived