IGNORED

The Fall - Ersatz GB

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

'Ersatz GB' sounds more like a classical Fall album title than almost any existing Fall album title.

agreed. it's the fallier than an electrified falling machine on st. fall's day.

yeah so true.

i actually thought that the article might be old when I first read it as the title sounds so much like something they could have released at any time in their career

wonder if this is the viking metal sounding album i remember hearing rumours about

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cherryred...exd.asp?id=3339

fallersatzHIRES.jpg

RELEASED 14th NOVEMBER 2011

PRE ORDER!

BRAND NEW STUDIO ALBUM FROM THE LEGENDARY THE FALL

Since their formation in 1976, The Fall have released twenty eight studio albums, and more than double that number of live albums, compilations and other packages.

"Ersatz G.B." is their 29th offering, and, as with any Fall record, retains many of their most distinctive elements whilst offering a fresh take on Mark E Smith’s familiar style and subject matter. The current line-up of Smith (vox), David Spurr (bass), Elini Poulou (keys), Pete Greenway (guitar) and Kierion Mellings (drums) are now relatively established by Fall standards, and deliver another intriguing addition to the band’s body of work here. This, their first album for Cherry Red Records, contains all the trademarks of a great Fall album, and we comfortably expect it to sell accordingly. It will be issued on CD, LP and digital formats, and will be proceeded by a new 7” single, featuring an exclusive B-side track. The Fall will be playing several dates to promote the album’s release, including a UK tour in November and an appearance at All Tomorow’s Parties in December.

Limited Vinyl Edition, and Limited 7 Inch Single will also be available and for pre-sale very soon- WATCH THIS SPACE

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest texan whip

on a side note..has anyone seen mark e. smith's wife? eleni poulou? she is absolutely stunning and i have to admit to being quite envious of his pulling abilities. after all old wrinkled arse is 54 going on 74 in the looks department. she looks about 30. i have no idea what she see's in the miserable old git.

on a side note..has anyone seen mark e. smith's wife? eleni poulou? she is absolutely stunning and i have to admit to being quite envious of his pulling abilities. after all old wrinkled arse is 54 going on 74 in the looks department. she looks about 30. i have no idea what she see's in the miserable old git.

Yep, I agree, and she is hot as fuck (seen her in the flesh at a Fall gig a few years ago). I remember thinking the same thing as you when he married Brix as well, and she wasn't a patch on Eleni Poulou. If it was any man other than MES I'd want to kill him. Or myself.

Archived