IGNORED

Scintilli - Missing Tracks

magdog

there's 2 others they've played live quite often over the last 2 years but of course we don't know their names!

one is quite a fast drum 'n bassy-breaky-type-track with a weird wobby melody over the top... and the second, again is a faster one... very 'beaty'... i always thought that was gonna be on there...

oh well. time for me to quit complaining and just swallow the Scintilli pill and investigate/digest what i like about it further...

Bon appetit, monsiour Magdog! :)

:music:

This:

Absolutely stunning track, really want this is full quality.

From last years show at FutureEverything they played so many new tracks, including Strata3 Intro which would

of fitted nicely at the start of Scintilli

that's Nord Rute (spelling?), tho. written specifically for that live performance about the sammi (spelling?) people.

that was never intended for the album. just like the collab/performances with the Southbank Gamelan Players

i think next time Plaid should just focus on 1 thing at a time, instead of doing all these different collaborations inbetween writing an album for Warp.

like i said yesterday, i think Scintilli probably changed a few times over the last few years. if they had stuck at it and just got it done and Warp released it back in 2008/09 then it might've been a lot different and possibly a lot lot better. *sigh*

edit: Plaid, bring back the days of knocking out wicked tracks in one night and recording an album in a week or something... (please) :)

From the press release: "they've calculated that each beat has taken approximately one day to construct - from the announcement of the laying down of the first foundation beat in early 2009, to the rendering of the final decay earlier this year."

I personally adore this album. I don't think the tracks are too short either (and believe many of their past efforts have been too long). Well except "Founded". I have to repeat this track multiple times when listening to Scintilli. :)

that's Nord Rute (spelling?), tho. written specifically for that live performance about the sammi (spelling?) people.

that was never intended for the album. just like the collab/performances with the Southbank Gamelan Players

i think next time Plaid should just focus on 1 thing at a time, instead of doing all these different collaborations inbetween writing an album for Warp.

like i said yesterday, i think Scintilli probably changed a few times over the last few years. if they had stuck at it and just got it done and Warp released it back in 2008/09 then it might've been a lot different and possibly a lot lot better. *sigh*

edit: Plaid, bring back the days of knocking out wicked tracks in one night and recording an album in a week or something... (please) :)

They played that a year before at Future Everything, I have the recording albeit off my camera and you can hear my sister all the way fucking through it talking!

They played that a year before at Future Everything, I have the recording albeit off my camera and you can hear my sister all the way fucking through it talking!

Nort Route? The Balil track? This?

I don't hear any similarity to this in either of the above... ?

Nort Route? The Balil track? This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHp9uL-rF_A

I don't hear any similarity to this in either of the above... ?

Nope, 'Nord Rute'

*ssssssssha-ting!*

correct. :)

They never played the Nord Route show in Manchester, it got cancelled so they played a new set with only 2 old tracks. Bit gutted a lot of that material didnt see the light of day but you never know

ok, so somebody very cool and very kind has given me an MP3 file of an extended, unreleased version of 'Eye Robot'.

it is legit and not a live version. it's *one* album version.

i'll post it here so that the other people who love this track but wish it was longer can also listen to it,... aslong as that's ok with the mods, etc. and i'm not breaking any forum rules or pissing anybody off...

brb :sorcerer:

ok, so somebody very cool and very kind has given me an MP3 file of an extended, unreleased version of 'Eye Robot'.

it is legit and not a live version. it's *one* album version.

i'll post it here so that the other people who love this track but wish it was longer can also listen to it,... aslong as that's ok with the mods, etc. and i'm not breaking any forum rules or pissing anybody off...

brb :sorcerer:

that'd be incredible but totally understandable if it can't happen. plaid should release it themselves or put out an ep with it extended and some of the other tracks played live or something,lot of great material there

hope this is ok. i've not heard anything against it yet, so, here we go...

gone

can be taken down if need be, of course...

enjoy

hate to be the bearer of bad news but i am fairly certain this is eye robot extended by some random dude who put a recording of the song played in rome over the top of it, theres the same exact sounds going on that have been masked (crowd sounds), pushed just low enough so you cant really tell. also more reverb on the percussion which is a result of it being slightly live i think? thats my first initial thought though, could be entirely wrong.

still sounds awfully nice though and makes me think the album should have had the second half

unrelated, trail got released on a legitimate promo for LEV 2010, so it did get released technically. im sure you guys can find the compilation around on the net somewhere

hmmmmmmmmm, i doubt that ^

but i suppose it's possible.

i've already asked 'the supplier' where it came from. :) waiting on a reply...

feel free to analyse the shit out of it, whomsoever might be up for that...

take it away, Sam! ;P

hope this is ok. i've not heard anything against it yet, so, here we go...

gone

can be taken down if need be, of course...

enjoy

hate to be the bearer of bad news but i am fairly certain this is eye robot extended by some random dude who put a recording of the song played in rome over the top of it, theres the same exact sounds going on that have been masked (crowd sounds), pushed just low enough so you cant really tell. also more reverb on the percussion which is a result of it being slightly live i think? thats my first initial thought though, could be entirely wrong.

still sounds awfully nice though and makes me think the album should have had the second half

unrelated, trail got released on a legitimate promo for LEV 2010, so it did get released technically. im sure you guys can find the compilation around on the net somewhere

oh yes i agree, its a fake track. cause on it, a lot of the sounds are very low....

after listening to it again, i think you guys might be right... the melodies towards the end are quite low, plus you can *almost*, just about, hear somebody cheering, but it's tweaked in a way that really fits the track and sounds like it's meant to be there...

in any case i think this version is better than the one on the album!!!!!!!! and sounds 10x better than thePlaided's live recording, imho. :)

i'll need to find out where it came from exactly. but was told that it was the version of Eye Robot that it was meant to be... before Warp had their wicked way with the album!!

sounds better? come on sirch, it totally sounds like a 8kbps track, almost like a ring tone, forced into fake 320 kbps,,,

and the playful piano melody after 3:40 which is supposed to be loud enough to keep the track pumping, is almost impossible to hear...

:facepalm:

i dont know where they found this, though...cause this is not from the rome 2010 live version that i upped...

Archived