IGNORED

DJ Distance — Dubstep Allstars: Vol. 08

ascdi

For those of you who follow this series, I figured I'd like you know that it seems like some (all? at least 2?) of the CDs have a mispress where the last track won't rip. I returned my first copy and have the same exact problem with my second copy. There are a few other reports of this on dubstepforum, although it seems like most listeners there got it via digital. Fuck!

For what it's worth I've scanned the jams and it sounds great. Love the midrange squishy Chestplate sound. However, it kinda sucks not being able to listen to the LAST track of the mix.

:rtfm::facepalm:

Update that no one likely cares about:

1. Listened to this in the car. It's great! Some excellent tracks.

2. Tried a THIRD computer with a fresh EAC install and seems like it is able to read the disc. Finally. Regardless, go digital on this release. Over and out,

Pete Ascdi

I would say this is a rather orthodox mix, in that Distance's sound is pretty stereotypical dubsteppish plod with wobbly shit. I have to say that I enjoy his productions because of the space he uses on the percussion as well as the "metal" (this angle has surely been overplayed by everyone who mentions Distance's "metal" background) aspect of the distorted midrangey synth stuff that he uses.

Basically it's a solid mix of new material that sounds a lot like Distance. I really liked Repercussions so it's cool with me. I'm not sure if there's anything here if you're already sick of dubstep though.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I recently ordered this but haven't received it yet. does the last track play on a cd player okay? I was surprised that they went with such an established name with this volume of the series. I would have thought they would try to go with the next big thing in dubstep, but then I don't really know what that would be.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Yeah, when playing (as opposed to when ripping) it worked okay for me. I guess it depends on the drive/player you use too.

I've got a couple of different drives and ripping programs I can try. as a last resort I guess I can always pirate the last track.

Archived