IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

Guest Pennywise

i'm finding this game super easy. I haven't died once yet. Why is everyone always bitching about the difficulty

i've never played it

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if its worth mentioning or not, but I managed to kill Gwyn without using the enviroment/pyro/iron flesh/parrying/fire resit etc

I basically just stayed 5 feet away from him, to avoid his swings, and would cast crystal homing soul mass whenever he tried to grab me (which was very often, when you are dancing at that range).

I took me 3-4 masses, i forgot which. Either way I officially declare sorcerey to be OP in both Souls games, and I can't even fathom what it was like before the nerf.

Oh and the Moonlight Great Sword is ridonkulous.

I still enjoy it. Its difficult enough to be meditative in that I need to give it most of my focus still. Helps me sleep oddly enough.

Guest bitroast

i was struggling and gave up at gravelord nito : (

i might have to go back and get a blessed weapon or something (which means re-doing the whole catacombs/tomb of the giants area, right?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As if anyone cared, I decided to start a faith based char with the intentions of joining the sunbros and doing more co-op.

I love this game, i started playing it again after skyrim, the gameplay feels so top notch old school :fear:

i'm using lots of humanity to play with other online players (getting owned a lot)

Looking for demon souls but its very hard to find here :cry:

What do mean it feels old school? Like outdated?

I have still not decided if I want to buy this game. But I need something to play in my upcomig holiday. So I might go for it now.

What do mean it feels old school? Like outdated?

I have still not decided if I want to buy this game. But I need something to play in my upcomig holiday. So I might go for it now.

The controls are really basic and simple fun

just buy this awesome game and remember in all the month's of frustration that it is possible to beat it and you will feel superiour :diablo:

As if anyone cared, I decided to start a faith based char with the intentions of joining the sunbros and doing more co-op.

\o/ Praise the sun!

Umbasa!

Have yet to beat this. To lazy to bring up my PS3 and continue playing. I'll just wait for PC version.

Guest cult fiction

Felt like playing Demon's Souls again earlier this week... total cakewalk versus Dark Souls. Then again I haven't tried Dark Souls post 2x souls and 21x more humanity patch.

There is definitely something missing from Dark Souls - the atmosphere in Demon's Souls just feels much richer. There is nothing that comes close to Tower of Latria in Dark Souls... sneaking around, picking up keys, unlocking the doors and getting rushed by crazed prisoners, the merchant singing and stopping as soon as you got close...

Guest bitroast

I'm still stuck on Gravelord nito:/ kind of given up and playing other games atm..

I'm so sick of the Catacombs, Tomb of the giants. I miss the castle levels, battling knights and sword fights and shit. Can someone please just fly to Australia and kill nito for me:(

Felt like playing Demon's Souls again earlier this week... total cakewalk versus Dark Souls. Then again I haven't tried Dark Souls post 2x souls and 21x more humanity patch.

There is definitely something missing from Dark Souls - the atmosphere in Demon's Souls just feels much richer. There is nothing that comes close to Tower of Latria in Dark Souls... sneaking around, picking up keys, unlocking the doors and getting rushed by crazed prisoners, the merchant singing and stopping as soon as you got close...

I completely agree. I just started playing it again this week myself, but I actually find it harder. The black world tendency enemies are punishing. In fact, I wish DkS had world and character tendency.

I'm still stuck on Gravelord nito:/ kind of given up and playing other games atm..

I'm so sick of the Catacombs, Tomb of the giants. I miss the castle levels, battling knights and sword fights and shit. Can someone please just fly to Australia and kill nito for me:(

What SL are you? Have you tried summoning anyone for jolly co-operation?

\o/ Praise the sun!

Umbasa!

Umbasa! You know, Vereor Nox just doesn't have the same ring as Umbasa. I love Reah's sexy voice but when she says "Vereor Nox" she instantly turns into Mama from Goonies.

Guest Sprigg

So far, it's taken me 15 hours to do what took me 30 to do my first run through. Getting ready to enter Blighttown, just downed the Moonlight Butterfly and Hydra... I'm really procrastinating on going to Blighttown, fuck that place. Gonna farm some moss tomorrow, maybe buy the seal for the forest door, kill Sif and those three damned cats.

Yeah, my faith based char isn't nearly as easy as my sorcerer was. Its actually a dex/faith hybrid. I'm going to try to make a +15 balder side sword and throw Sunlight Blade on it eventually, however I'm only at about 20 dex and 20 faith. It actually makes me want to play my sorcerer again.

One thing I can say, is finally rocking a dex build and participating in co-op has made queelag's fury sword completely awesome for the first time. Having that 10+ humanity helps a lot, throws another 100-200 dmg into the mix.

Oh and I finally killed Ornstein second, got his armor, and now I look like a douche, but I get a lot more summons now. I found the best way to beat them is to run in, kill smough with a lightning spear, then use queelag on Ornstein. The safest time to attack is actually after he does his butt slam. Stay in like 10-20 meters from him so he doesn't do his crazy attacks, and either hit him when he slams or does his double swing attack, as it takes him a second or two to recover from that as well.

BTW - you can mostly avoid blighttown all together by entering from new londo->valley of the drakes. That crazy Domnhall dude will sell the master key now for 5k souls. Its probably worth it. I'd also get that rusted iron ring from the Asylum before going to blighttown.

edit: oh one more thing about blighttown, if you have enough dungpie, throw it at a wall next to you, get toxin'd, and now those dart throwers can't toxic you (as bad).

Archived