IGNORED

a couple of four on the floor jams

modey

Of the two I preferred the 2nd one. Yeah it does sound quite compressed but I liked the chords and vibe was easy to get into. I'm quite impressed that you make tunes like this from the QY70. Anyways like to hear more development on the 2nd one!

Of the two I preferred the 2nd one. Yeah it does sound quite compressed but I liked the chords and vibe was easy to get into. I'm quite impressed that you make tunes like this from the QY70. Anyways like to hear more development on the 2nd one!

Thanks guys! Just to clear some confusion, the distorted one was the only one made with the QY70. The compressy track was made in Buzz. I think I'll work on that one for the next Pselodux release, whatever that may be.

holy shit lol i love the 2nd one...you gotta lemme know when this is finished!! sounds very electroclash/Felix da Housecat in his prime....and that is a compliment.

ive been wanting to make a 4/4 electro over-compressed slammer for years now. plz pm me with any tips..i am such a n00b

Haha thanks! I'm a noob too, tbh. I can't figure out sidechain compression in Buzz so it's just crazy amounts of compression on the entire mix. I think I'll put surf guitar in it, actually.

so the trick is to just compress the fuck out of the entire track via master effects control?

Im talking floops and I have no idea what im actually saying.

so the trick is to just compress the fuck out of the entire track via master effects control?

Im talking floops and I have no idea what im actually saying.

I just played around with the compression until it sounded ridiculous. I probably overdid it but it's quite punchy as it is.

I think you can get some pretty elaborate sidechaining going on in FL actually, od++ would be the one to talk to about that though. I'm probably not a good person to ask about this kind of stuff because my sound design/production method is pretty much just trial and error!

I think it's good though to have something out of that master compression, like a bassline or lead or a chord progression, something that you don't want to be obliterated by the bassdrum, just to make it sound a little less fucked up. In this track I think it'll be the surf guitar, I want it to sit alongside the drums, and not underneath.

Archived