IGNORED

1 way ticket to Mars

Guest Rambo

1 way ticket to Mars   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go?

2. 2. You have to take one punch without blocking. Where would you prefer to be struck?

Guest Rambo

I'm enjoying these hypotheticals so here's another.

We are setting up a station on Mars and it will be continually expanded over the next 50-100 years

You only have this one opportunity to go and you are the first group of 10 people.

Ships will be going to Mars every couple of years with more groups of 10, supplies, equipment to continually expand shit.

You have communication with Earth (on a 10 minute delay or whatever it is).

it's highly unlikely that no-one you know will ever go because the groups are chosen at random.

No returns

Also where would you prefer to be punched: the groin, throat or nose?

Guest Rambo

going back in time and stealing my thread, Kaini. Thought that was beneath you tbh

No, no best come clean. I suppose it was just an excuse to get my real question in without having the thread deleted.

Weird, I feel like (granted, solely on the premise that the puncher hits your dick instead of testicles) that getting punched in the groin wouldn't be nearly as bad as getting punched in the nose.

But yeah, who fucking knows as far as a mars trip is concerned, now i'm worried about getting punched in the nose

Guest Rambo

For real i feel like i should close this thread but i'm genuiney curious on the punch question now that the votes are coming in lol

Guest theSun

interesting thread, but more details needed for mars. also, the punch question is really hard. im assuming the groin shot is hitting the nuts here. maybe the nose shot is an uppercut that lodges your nose cartilage in your brain. this would be pretty unpleasant. but i could never pick nuts so i went throat. maybe you'll die but i'm like whatever at this point have to pick one.

questions for mars trip:

1. can i smoke weed?

2. will i have to work really hard or is it like a utopia place mostly run by androids?

3. how much weed can i smoke?

4. how much room will there be on mars? like a red faction mine or a hotel?

5. can we grow weed on mars?

One way ticket to mars sounds horrible. Leaving all of your family and friends to live somewhere with nine other people and slower-than-dial-up internet. I feel like it'd seem cool at first but you'd regret the decision within a year or two. I've moved countries multiple times, lost many friends, and it sucks. Hard.

Guest Gary C

I chose a punch in the throat. But I'm really not sure.

I was imagining a boxer-level punch. A full-on, gloveless haymaker. So I wouldn't want to get punched in the face as it would break bones and bleed.

A punch in the balls would be a sickening pain but you'd recover quicker than a punch in the face. Although the long-term repercussions of having a bollock (maybe both) pulverised would be pretty horrible.

So the throat is a new area for me. Would it wind you? Break clavicle bones? Do they even exist? I guess the bruising would be uncomfortable, but probably comparable to breathing through a broken nose or pissing through bloody piss-pipes.

Gah. Please don't punch me, Rambo. Fuck, man. If I get punched in the throat in the future I'm blaming it on you.

I chose a punch in the throat. But I'm really not sure.

I was imagining a boxer-level punch. A full-on, gloveless haymaker. So I wouldn't want to get punched in the face as it would break bones and bleed.

A punch in the balls would be a sickening pain but you'd recover quicker than a punch in the face. Although the long-term repercussions of having a bollock (maybe both) pulverised would be pretty horrible.

So the throat is a new area for me. Would it wind you? Break clavicle bones? Do they even exist? I guess the bruising would be uncomfortable, but probably comparable to breathing through a broken nose or pissing through bloody piss-pipes.

Gah. Please don't punch me, Rambo. Fuck, man. If I get punched in the throat in the future I'm blaming it on you.

full boxer-level punch in throat could kill you.

Groin obviously, punch in the throat is pretty uncomfortable usually, and my nose is already broken so it would hurt twice and it would be so broken that I couldn't breath.

Though now that I think about it. Damn, that's a really hard question, depends on who is punching really. If it's not a boxer or some really strong guy, I might choose throat and hope to stay alive, but if it's rambo or something like that I believe it would be bettter to take punch in the groin because at least it won't kill me. And if I could choose the direction of the punch I'd choose a punch from my left to nose, as it could possibly even fix my broken nose.

Guest Rambo

interesting thread, but more details needed for mars. also, the punch question is really hard. im assuming the groin shot is hitting the nuts here. maybe the nose shot is an uppercut that lodges your nose cartilage in your brain. this would be pretty unpleasant. but i could never pick nuts so i went throat. maybe you'll die but i'm like whatever at this point have to pick one.

questions for mars trip:

1. can i smoke weed?

2. will i have to work really hard or is it like a utopia place mostly run by androids?

1. no lol

2. inbetween

3. no

4. i thought about that. it would be like 100 metre square for a couple years and keep getting expanded. you could go on a buggy trip once a week for an hour or two.

5. give it up

Guest theSun

questions for mars trip:

1. can i smoke weed?

1. no lol

2. inbetween

3. no

4. i thought about that. it would be like 100 metre square for a couple years and keep getting expanded. you could go on a buggy trip once a week for an hour or two.

5. give it up

pretty decidedly no then....

is it 100 square meters or 100x100 meter? a 100x100x100 meter cube?

Yeah, I had to think about it for a bit, but now groin seems like the most obvious option by far. Especially if you're a girl.

Wait, do we even have any chicks here?

i dunno about 'especially if you're a girl'

throat can kill ya

nose would break

penis would cause punch to rebound and knock out the boxer

Archived