04 Run My Heart

05 The One

06 Beg for the Night

07 Patient

08 When the Movie's Over

09 I Don't Care

10 Be Mine Tonight

Hidden track: Mirror in the Dark

'Five Seconds' is up for free at his website. I'm really looking forward to this because I enjoyed his first album so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's out through twinshadow.net. It's definitely clear that Chris Taylor is not as involved (if at all) with this one and I think it suffers a bit as a result. George's vocals don't seem to sit well in the mix and the production feels a bit muddy at times. "Forget" seemed to "hint" at New Wave/80's/Romantic themes but he goes full 80's in this one. In some cases, it's nearly a direct lift. "Golden Light" sounds like a reinterpretation of "Cry Little Sister" by G Tom Mac (Lost Boys soundtrack) and I honestly confused with "workin' on makin' it start, workin' on makin' it start again" in "Run My Heart" with "can't start a fire, can't start a fire without a spark" ("Dancing in the Dark by The Boss).

It's got some real highlights though. He brings back the "ah-oh, ah-oh" from "Castles in the Snow" that always killed me in the chorus of "Mirror in the Dark"; in fact, that's probably my favorite on the album so far.

I've only really skimmed through the tracks but I'd agree with what you're saying. The vocals don't sound as good as and the production isn't as crisp as in 'Forget'. Have you read his Pitchfork interview? I... got a few douche chills reading it. He comes off like he almost resents Chris Taylor's involvement. But I still want to sit down and listen to this from start to finish. I didn't expect to like it as much as 'Forget' but at this point I just hope it's good.

Guest TheWallOfSacrifice

Jesus that cover screams "lavish attention on me Pitchfork" amongst other things

:derp:

Guest TheWallOfSacrifice

Jesus that cover screams "lavish attention on me Pitchfork" amongst other things

:derp:

Sup George

?

it was kinda a retarded lol smiley (i think), man, bob post is 100 % true, great music but silly cover..

marketing these days... :rolleyes:

Archived