IGNORED

Los Angeles

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

It's cool. It's free and there was free beer!

It was basically a bunch of newer groups that are affiliated with the UCB and I.O.West.

I go to the UCB quite a bit.

been here just over 2 weeks and been to ucb 3 times! saw 2 doug loves movies and one assscat.

we live near meltdown so we've been up to nerdmelt too to see some standup.

i like beer. free beer too. so many little theatres here, could seriously be out every night. plus (i hate to say it) the weather makes me want to get out the house.

bummed about the lack of decent burritos though.

Highland Park is pretty rough. I did a gig there years ago and across the street was a drive by... I stepped out and there was a dude all bloodied up being taken away on an ambulance.

it's definitely way more violent down here (not highland park but LA in general) than my quiet sf neighborhood. did i mention the dude with the sword on my street last week? feel like i'm living in the tenderloin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. LA is not the safest town. I got spoils in NYC. There were always people around and it felt comforting. Someone always had your back.

Now, it's just weird and scary.

As for a good burrito, last night, I at at El Compadre on Sunset by the guitar center in weho and their steak/guacamole a la carte burrito was pretty good and only $6. I recommend pouring the chip salsa all over that beast.

Moved here 1 week ago. Who else is here and what should I do in this fat ass town?

and don't say plastic surgery

Buy a car, rescue a dog from a kill shelter then buy a gun and blow your brains out.

Where did you move from and what part of town are you in?

I live in Los Angeles. I mostly just work and get depressed.

:cisfor:

It also matters because navigating the 405 to get from the west to the east or vice versa is the most miserable thing in the world, and honestly the only reason I hardly ever go to the west side, aside from the tarball thing which was really fucked up, but I'll get over it; anyway, your friends will all probably congregate on one side or the other and if you're on the wrong side you'll be a hermit like me and drown yourself in work until the ennui is unbearable, at which point you might then consider a 17 hour trip along four miles of the 405 to visit some friends.

this reminds me of this...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/350669/saturday-night-live-the-californians <- That shit is spot-on. It's a shame I can't embed it.

I've lived here a little over a year. Its a pretty fucking soul-less place. I would never have moved here if it weren't for my wife.

I have to say, I'd hardly consider LA to be a "city".

After living in NYC for 12 years, it just feels like a humanity vacuum. This town is filled with the most arrogant, self-centered cunts I could ever imagine.

It's like you took the biggest nerds in high school and gave them all $100,000,000 and told them that they could treat anyone however they wanted to without repercussion... then everyone else became the victims of a cultural holocaust... then stir in racism.

My theory is that the people who truly love it here are either A) stupid B) vapid ego-maniacs or C) fearful recluses that shudder at the thought of what a true urban, multi-ethnic experience is actually like.

If I hear "Yeah, but you have to admit, the weather is incredible!" one more time, I'm seriously going to slap someone's lips off their fucking face.

It was particularly hard for me to adjust, due to a very serious bike accident (as you may recall).

Having said that...If you ride a bike, wear a helmet. If I wasn't wearing mine, I'd be dead.

Only now am I starting to get my career stuff back on track.

This year has been a pit of sun-shiny despair.

Anyway... Welcome!

Hopefully, you live near a cool area you can walk around. I'm lucky enough to live within a 15 minute walk to Amoeba in H'wood.

Jesus Christ. You make it sound like it's worth leaving your wife over. Just do it. Get it over with already.

Guest abracadabra

have you found a decent mexican joint yet? chipolte will not do. or baja fresh

There is a taco truck in Silverlake/Echo Park called Taco Zone. It parks in a Vons parking lot. They are quite good.

You're in the zone, at Taco Zone. DONT LET ME GET INTO MAH ZONE

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Since moving here I've been through a few drive-throughs. they didnt make sense to me before but now I get it. they make sense down here.

Haven't seen any shows yet. tbh my interest in live music has dipped ALOT in recent years. i have slowly realized that most music i like is not fun to watch live it's home listening. might get tickets for animal collective/flylotus at the hollywood bowl

Hey, I live in LA. Silverlake / Los Feliz / Hollywood area.

We looked at silverlake/los feliz area but couldnt get a handle what the area was all about.

Since moving here I've been through a few drive-throughs. they didnt make sense to me before but now I get it. they make sense down here.

Haven't seen any shows yet. tbh my interest in live music has dipped ALOT in recent years. i have slowly realized that most music i like is not fun to watch live it's home listening. might get tickets for animal collective/flylotus at the hollywood bowl

Hey, I live in LA. Silverlake / Los Feliz / Hollywood area.

We looked at silverlake/los feliz area but couldnt get a handle what the area was all about.

hipsters 'n trust funds

Archived