IGNORED

Paul Krugman: Greece euro exit possible next month, Eurozone-wide meltdown incoming

syd syside

Minor quibble: knowledge that the events of WWI and subsequent peace conferences might lead to a successive war is very different from being prepared for the war. Most nations were completely exhausted from WWI...the only one besides Germany that had significant military preparations was France, and they spent an exorbitant amount of money on Maginot Line construction.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came across a timelapse video of the map of europe over the period 1000-2003. Putting things into a nice perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoWtvpg77oE

Viva EU!

wow that is amazing. must have taken forever. thanks for the post.

I always love seeing little Brandenburg start spreading outward into the rest of Germany.

That's why I qualified it with "not entirely accurate". ;)

There were other signs though - Britain's development of radar for example, as well as the continued R&D on new fighter planes. On the continent things were a little more sketchy, but I mean, you had Poland deploying troops against Germany during the paris peace conference (admittedly not in preparation for a second world war, but the idea that Polish aggression could trigger more hostilities was very real).

However, yes, no one really matched Germany in terms of their "shadow factories".

Guest theSun

is that time-lapse map anywhere else? youtoob took it down

european politics is way cooler than US imho

Archived