IGNORED

Time signatures

Guest blutac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time signiatures really dont need to be worried about in most electronic music. So it shouldn't really matter. Just know its a framework for phrasing your music, not much else.

You could write out 6/8 to sound like 3/4, but that would defeat the purpose of the time signature. But when listening, yes, that's not really the point.

Nod, that's all I was saying. I've played and listened to plenty of classical music, though I haven't studied theory like you wiley Berklee kids (unless you count a retarded AP Music Thoery class in High School), so I totally know what you mean about the feel.

Guest taxman
"i don't really get it then... if i wrote it counting like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 then it should be 3/5 right? how does that not make sense?

but then, all i know about music i learned for myself just by messing around with shit... i don't know how to turn music into science"

Nah, maybe you are thinking in 3/4 time, but phrasing in groups of five. The time signiature would not be 3/5. a/b is the meter where a is the number of beats and b is the value of a single beat. If 4/4 is four beats, quarter note per beat. 3/5 would besomething silly like 3 beats, a quituplet per beat? three quintuplets? that would make things very difficult.

ah i see now. i know even less than i thought i did :\

Archived