IGNORED

Darkish ambientish track

geosmina

I like the overall sound of it, but I was kind of hoping that something was going to happen at around 1:03. Plus, the time stretched scream that starts at 1:40 (is that a scream from a movie? It reminds me of something?) is a bit too cheesy. The same goes for the monster growl stuff you've got going around 2:40. It's almost as if you're trying to force more darkness upon your track which isn't necessary at all. I'm not quite sure about the child voice. It's a very atmospheric element but reminds me of something from a horror movie.

You know what would be interesting? You've already got a bit of a beat in the background (sounds like a heart beat) so why don't you add a really deep 4/4 kick to give a bit more rhythm and a more interesting build-up? It doesn't have to be super loud or anything. Just a low volumed side chained kick. It would make it a pretty cool ambient techno tune :)

Also, the ending a bit abrupt :)

I like that you seem to have intentionally given more focus to the creepy noises & avoided using electronic music tropes (drum machines, dreamy pads, synth blips of any sort, etc), but at the same time it doesn't feel like a "noise" track - IE a bunch of random synthesizer chaos for the sake of being weird. Has a structure & a very clean, but unconventional palette.

Actually it kind of sounds like someone would play in a haunted house on Halloween

Archived