IGNORED

tracks from an album I'm working on

sergeantk

Great dubby stuff, man! Really great.

The only thing I would change is the snare, because it sounds a bit too midi-ish and add some delay every now and then, and maybe make a small and simple variation to the bassline every fourth time it loops.

Great dubby stuff, man! Really great.

The only thing I would change is the snare, because it sounds a bit too midi-ish and add some delay every now and then, and maybe make a small and simple variation to the bassline every fourth time it loops.

good call squee... on that note it brings me to another question about the bass, does the sub that I'm using sound too plain? I feel like maybe I could use a grittier sound but I wasn't sure where to go with it..

Reminds me of Seefeel especially that sub dubby bassline. Real nice man. Like it.

thanks man :D

good call squee... on that note it brings me to another question about the bass, does the sub that I'm using sound too plain? I feel like maybe I could use a grittier sound but I wasn't sure where to go with it..

The bassline is good, and it should stay as is for the most part, but what would really make it pop (in my opinion) is if it had a few little unique moments where it did get a bit grittier and louder, while going up maybe half an octave and doing a different counter-melody each time. it'd also be a good way to add a little more emotion to the track. just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

this is a pretty good track! the only thing i could say about it is a lot of the sounds (drums, bass, some of the main melodic parts) are so muted/quiet in relation to the pads that it makes for an odd mix. not sure if that's the aesthetic you're going for, but it's a little distracting on first listen. but nonetheless, a good track!

i agree about this, but i don't know if i would say it hurts the track. i would have to assume it was intentional, and i think it's kind of cool that it's unusual that way.

Guest drakmin

I'm commenting Journey to Pluto. Pad comes nicely alive with sidechain and arp. It's in fact surprisingly lively when combined with other elements so build up works nice. From time to time arp sound itself is a bit on the harsh side, atleast with my speakers + room. I would have liked stronger kick since the sidechain dip on pad is so big. I was left a bit with a feeling the song didn't actually start at any point. I think stronger kick on some area would have changed this though I undestand this song is based more on feeling than usual structure. I'm left overall with positive feeling.

Archived