IGNORED

New Order - Lost Sirens

Rubin Farr

the final 8 tracks recorded by the band before they broke up have finally been released after the pissing contest between Hooky and the rest of the lot.

its my first encounter with joy division/new division. yeah i know, but its pretty good, although it sounds more like music from the 90s early 00s

• 3 weeks later...

My first memory of New Order is hearing Temptation when it was in the UK Top 30 when I was about 11, and developed a love for them as I grew older. Having become a bit jaded post-Factory I expected nowt from this. Got it today though and fucking loved it. I thought that Waiting For The Siren's Call was about as memorable as Republic (i.e. somewhere between not very much and not at all), but Lost Sirens wazzed all over it IMO. It's hardly Low-life or PCL, but at least stands up well against Brotherhood I reckon. I'd say it's a decent post-script.

Guest Ron Manager

Hmm, interesting, I might have to check it out. I heard this had come out, but I too thought Waiting for the Sirens' Call was even worse than Republic, from which I have to admit having soft spots for Regret and World, as cheesy as they are!

Archived