IGNORED

2kn - Beats For Freaks (Hague Tape Mix)

tokn

I'm digging this. Repetitive in a good way, nice contrast in the middle. Might want to make the highs slightly more prominent but considering the genre it works the way it is. It could definitely use some fine tuning on the EQ though; sounds a bit too "blendy" if you catch my drift. Maybe be a little more minimal at parts to give it some contrast and some silence, so that it's not just a whole bunch of low-end for the entire time. Gets a bit dizzying. So yeah, add some contrast where there's more quiet, and more high end.

Really solid track though. It can be improved, but if this is a final product it's totally acceptable as is.

Hey guys, thanks your feedback. Actually it's a really old tune and I'm not sure where the sequencer file is. So going back and changing stuff is close to impossible. But you are right, some EQing, more definined highs and low-end would be nice. I think, I should have like 3 or 4 version of this track and the one online is with some extra lanes with reversed percussion. So maybe i will upload a cleaner version if I stumble across it.

In the meantime, here is some blend of bass music and housy shit with a lot of more headroom and defined eq. i think at least - what do you think?

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/rly-2kns-dusty-sunday-mix

Archived