IGNORED

The Bro - Sunday House (demo)

Guest The Bro

Jesus Christ The Bro, relax. Bumping your own thread after 2 days ain't cool, plus you have 3 other threads in YLC all posted within a couple of days of each other and all with desperate pleas for attention. Just fucking stop it will you?

Don't worry about what I do and don't be so damn rude in the process. I've done tonnes of reviews of tracks on YLC over the years and I mean tonnes so I've more than earned my stripes so asking for a bit of feedback isn't a big deal!! I'm not like certain others over the time that have posted here but never offered anything back cough no names mentioned.

whilst I will certainly give you kudos for using the imperial tonne rather than the metric ton, I think you're looking at this all wrong. it's like you think you're owed something because you've posted tracks and commented on stuff. you ain't. maybe, just maybe you don't get all that many replies a whole lot because the music you post doesn't warrant that many replies. not saying it's bad or anything! just maybe people don't have that much too say about it... you can't force people to respond or get annoyed if they haven't... I think bumping your own thread after a couple of weeks of non action is ok, but come on, you only posted it 2 days ago! chill the fuck out.

none of this boring keyboard demo level of cheese.

I'd say more 'options screen on a mid-90s racing game level of cheese'

The Bro please note:

Bumping/Resurrecting Dead Threads

This is the act of posting in a thread to simply keep the thread at the top of the forum. We don't like it. If you do this often you will get warned. Resurrecting dead/closed threads is also not allowed - if the thread was closed by a Moderator or Admin, there was a reason behind it. DO NOT reopen threads that were closed unless you have permission from a Moderator or Admin first. Failure to do so can result in your thread locking/opening abilities suspended or removed.

options screen on a mid-90s racing game

lol

in all seriousness though, there may well be milage in taking this aesthetic and doing something cool with it.... i'm honestly not trying to be a cunt, but i think my problem with a lot of your tunes is they sound too dry, too stock. i'd like to hear more treatment on the sounds you utilise in your tracks. you tend to use romplers which just spit out quite boring sounds as a general rule, but doesn't mean they have to stay that way... i think you should invest in some stomp boxes and cheap FX units and really fuck up the sounds coming out of your 05r/w or JV-1080 or whatever you're using. distort the fuck out of a strings patch and couple it with some ring modulated bongo samples and a bitcrushed kick drum and shit like that - you could still stick to the whole "house" style, make it 4/4 and funky, but just use more interesting noises to create the track. start using that Akai sampler as well - sample yourself shouting "BCM is a cunt!" and stick that in there somewhere....it'd be quality...

I just think it'd be nice to hear a finished track at one point. You've posted quite a few demos on here that got lots of comments, but unless I completely missed it, there's been no actual finished tracks. I know this forum is partially meant for stuff like that, but it would be nice to hear the result of people's feedback sometimes.

Archived