IGNORED

Not so new track

MichaelListon

I've been an avid lurker on wattm for a few years now and I've never posted anything of much worth, so here's a track I made at the beginning of the summer. Haven't really gotten much feedback on it so I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism from y'all, thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/nowonos/solipcynicist

Cool textures and sounds! Though, your section from :20-:40 is prehaps a little too out of tune. I personally think detuning like that works well when it's used sparingly, and perhaps when there's a reason for it. The section after that is very nice though. You can tell there's some dissonance sprinkled in, but it's kept very nicely under wraps. Perhaps there's not enough variation in this part for my taste though, or it lasts a little too long. Consider giving more character to the sound through pitch shifting an octave with the flute or something, or changing up the character of the melody, instead of just finding new variations within the melody that's repeated. I hope that makes sense.

I've been an avid lurker on wattm for a few years now and I've never posted anything of much worth, so here's a track I made at the beginning of the summer. Haven't really gotten much feedback on it so I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism from y'all, thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/nowonos/solipcynicist

push it to the limit, and go beyond. rise above, and go crazy.

sounds very nice. needs a second or a third half... sequels.

sounds like a mangled boards of canada

Yeah, I knew BOC would turn up in a comment. I feel in love with the pads I programmed, then realised the chords are quite similar to EYDIAB. It was unintentional but the urge to put warbled voices in the background was hard to suppress :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah man liking this, excellent choice of sounds they blend together nicely and the outro works well. I actually think it would work as a pretty dry track. Maybe try and bounce the mix against the reverb return with some compression see what it sounds like?

Archived