IGNORED

Gods

zlemflolia

As I take it, the thread is really just about the Exai build up leading to a reawakening of autechre exploration.

I think that's true...I do think ae have "changed their tune", their music is less austere and personally they seem to be much more open and approachable (as evidenced through the AAA). So I think the excitement on the fan's part is a reflection of that. I always loved their work but I admire them a bit more as "blokes" now, too.

also, perhaps they aren't gods, but are doing the work of some extraterrestrial electronic overlord that needs a human face. Food for thought.

also, perhaps they aren't gods, but are doing the work of some extraterrestrial electronic overlord that needs a human face. Food for thought.

If it wasn't such an unwieldy addendum, I've got a feeling all tracks would be credited thusly:

*(featuring V-Proc, The Extraterrestrial Electronic Overlord In Need of A Human Face)

I thought this thread was about the classic computer game by the Bitmap Brothers...

And really, this is cringeworthy at best. Autechre are good at what they do, but it's a stretch calling them "Gods"...

Archived