IGNORED

Gods

zlemflolia

Autechre are Gods. If I could only listen to the music of one artist it would be AE by far. They're all I've been listening to ever since Exai hype and it never gets old. TH is completely eclipsed by Exai and L-event. Any single one of their albums makes them the best electronic artists that I've ever heard. Maybe there are a few exceptions like Tri Repetae vs DrukQs or Geogaddi but overall it's the truth in my mind.

Such a massive discog it's ridiculous and there are no shit filler albums or tracks. Honestly how the fuck. I never thought anything could get better than Draft but then there's L-event destroying my mind

ty ae

Agree with the sentiment but the thread title is cringeworthy, esp. given they browse this forum. "Wizards" might work better.

Anyhoo I was also inspired to go through their back catalog yesterday, there are so many brilliant and subtle moments...for example got stuck putting Drane 2 on repeat, it really is a devastatingly good track...the sonic detailing of Draft7.30 really opened up for me...would be nice if they got more recognition from people who like good music. And by this I just mean the broad swathe of folks, including most of my friends, who appreciate alternative/underground rock, and alternative/underground rap, and jazz, but somehow can't get their heads around weird electronic music. For example a few days back I gave my German friend and co-worker, who has been a DJ, makes some of his own electronic music, and has what I consider to be a fairly developed musical palate, the Glasgow live set (first I gave him L-event but he didn't like it so I figured couldn't go wrong with Glasgow). But he still politely said he couldn't get into it. I mean wtf. It's banging, has "hooks", lots of momentum and energy, what's not to like? Really bewildered by humans sometimes.

I can understand people not liking Confield, I still have trouble enjoying it from start to finish. But there are many easy entry points to their catalog - Incunabula through Tri Rep; Oversteps

As a sidenote, I hope their next record is even more jazzy. Irlite(get0) from Exai seemed like a really cool direction, would love a sort of "freeform jazz" album.

Took me like three weeks to finish the whole AAA thread. I can conclude that they're true G's but saying they are gods would upset Zeus and L Ron Hubbard

Guest Roksen Creek

Maybe there are a few exceptions like Tri Repetae vs DrukQs or Geogaddi

Your sins are terrible. It is just that you suffer.

I can't pretend to disagree with OP

You're a retard holding a pig.

we could use the term warlocks if Charlie Sheen hadn't ruined it

Don't let your live being ruled by celebrity bullshit.

Rest of stuff going on ITT aside, I have been listening to almsot exclusively Autechre since about Fall of 2012 (a few months pre Exai). I took a brieef break with Tomorrow's Harvest and the then National's new album. But then L-Event came out the same day as the new Arcade Fire, and I barely listened to Arcade Fire. In general almost everything else bores me. A similar effect to really hardcore pr0n.

What kind of gods are we talking here? Are they like some minor fertility deities, or like full blown avatars of Ialdabaoth, the malevolent demiurge? Should probably ask Ken Downie, I here he's a Pope or sommat?

I'll jump in on the part of this thread about how ever since Exai was hinted at back in 2012, I've listed to autechre all day every day. With a slight break to prepare for BoC, and listen to it. And then back to wall-to-wall Ae.

The hyperbolic pedastle part of the thread's op I'm less excited about.

Seriously if we just changed the thread title people wouldn't shit on this thread so much

As I take it, the thread is really just about the Exai build up leading to a reawakening of autechre exploration. And I agree with that,

Seriously if we just changed the thread title people wouldn't shit on this thread so much

As I take it, the thread is really just about the Exai build up leading to a reawakening of autechre exploration. And I agree with that,

*shits on thread*

*consequently winces with pain because of cut on asshole*

no its about autechre being literally gods

im going to build an autechre altar in my room some day and create a daily worship schedule because i dont want to live in hell after i die

ive seen it and it isnt pretty

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Archived