IGNORED

Adobe Premiere/After Effects/Media Encoder help

gmanyo

I'm currently working on a large project, and I have a 72 minute long sequence in Premiere that's imported into After Effects that I put some titles and lower thirds and shit on. I want to export it using Adobe Media Encoder because it has a really good interface and easy presets. However, media encoder can't see the source sequence from Premiere, so all it exports is black video with no audio and some titles. Is there a reason for this? I've tried The Google but it's not helping.

Alternatively, if someone could give me advice on how to use the render queue settings in After Effects to get 72 minutes of video to under 1gb, because every time I try from there it looks like shit. Though I'd prefer Media Encoder because I like the interface.

help me watmm

Randomly started working- oh man! After Effects can be nutz. One time I just created a new comp, and then ramdomly out of nowhere After Effects started making this 15 minute motion graphics masterpiece, with hardcore scripting shit and plugins were installed that I didn't even own, and I was like FUCK?!- and then the length was changed to 3 hours and it was creating some hardcore shit like Toy Story without a dedicated 3d app BUT THEN, all of a sudden randomly fucking AE opened up Blender and Mudbox and started modeling all these scenes and characters, and I was like WHOA, and then it exported them and expertly used the models in Element 3D and other German plugins which I can't even pronounce, and then After Effects ramped up my computer to like 15 gigawatts and cooled the whole thing with liquid nitrogen that it created in a different comp (layer, pre-compose, liquid nitrogen), and then I was like FUCK, and then all of a sudden fucking there was a complete 3 hour epic film made by After Effects consciousness power, and it was already playing on VLC but then that's when a DeLorean comes flying through my monitor and out flies Christopher Lloyd, but then he was all, "Who?! I'm Doctor Emmett Brown!!!", then I was like WHOA THIS IS HEAVY, fucking Back To The Future was a documentary filmed in real-time OH FUCK, and then Doc was all, "Marty! I need your help!", and then I was like, "Dude, I'm just some random Japanese IDM dude, dyude...", and then Doc was all, "That's what I need to talk to you about!!! Your timeline has skewed from its original path due to Biff stealing your chopsticks, so now we have to go back!", and I was like, "Whoa... This is heavy." And then After Effects gave me a rendering error, and Doc exploded into blood and pixels. But I still have the DeLorean and 3 hour epic.

I guess I could've exported the entire file from Premiere into ProRes like you said, put that in After Effects (instead of directly importing the sequence), and then rendered to H.264 from there (I'm putting it on the web), but since I finally got the video working I just exported the audio from Premiere. Still, I'm disappointed that the Adobe linking stuff does not work as advertised. That's supposedly the best reason to choose Premiere above Avid Media Composer.

Again, ze metadata bug and all that..... I generally do not export directly to Media Encoder, because it feels nice to have the exported hi-q file around and be able to export that later. I guess it does save on HD space, though. But processing wise, da ting still has to open up all the AE/P stuffs in the background for rendering aaand simultaneously run Media Encoder, so it will prolly take all your processes up.

Well. It stopped working again. Fuck me.

I disabled XMP metadata export in the preferences dialogue box, but it did nothing (both unchecking "write XMP ID to Files on Import" and setting "Export Options" to "None"). The video, at least, is working now. I had the audio working at one point somehow. I'm trying it on another computer but adobe media encoder can't connect to the After Effects file for some reason. I'm tempted to switch to AVID forever after this. Seamless integration my ass.

Edit:

Got it to open on another computer, but still no audio export. I don't know what the fuck is wrong.

Edit 2:

I copied everything over into another composition and test rendered a short segment, and it worked, but I accidentally left the length of the composition at 30 seconds when I created it. When I extended it out to about 72 minutes, the full length of the project, and media encoder does this weird "conforming" thing when play the render queue that takes awhile and then the audio either doesn't work or just loops a short segment of the audio. I tried different audio and video formats and I'm getting the same result. This is getting weird.

Have you tried the secret preferences thing? I forgot how to access it... Like hold option/alt whilst going prefs, but anyway, there is an option to clear the buffer after a certain number of frames, which could help. If you can render short but not long, sounds like a buffer issue (RAM or HD space issue). So goto ze secret IDM prefs, enable the cache/buffer clear ting after a certain number of frames, and then export. Peerhaps that will solve everything.

Godspeed.

Looked it up, the secret prefs are only for after effects, not adobe media encoder. I tried it anyway, but to no avail. Looks like I'm just going to have to export a high quality version from After Effects itself even though I can't stand its render queue, and then compress it further using media encoder. What are the best settings for this with 800gb drive space for 72 minutes of film? I'd rather not go over 150gb if it can be helped.

It does sound like a memory issue of some sort though, now that I think about it. Another computer had a similar issue where one of the audio tracks got messed up and just looped the same thing past a certain point in premiere, and it fixed itself when I switched computers.

Archived