IGNORED

Sage Francis - Copper Gone

kirm

Never see much mention of Sage round these parts which surprises me as would think lots of people here would enjoy him, On of my Fav rappers anyway and well pleased to see he has a new album out (although think I have definitely being listening to much grime recently as rapping in an American accent now sounds slightly odd to me!!)

https://strangefamousrecords.bandcamp.com/album/copper-gone

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Loved a healthy distrust when it came out, but it didnt hold up on a recent listen sadly. sage is a great rapper though

that said: the sample track sounds like it could have been made at any point in the last 20 years. no progression at all.

Yeah can't say I was that blown away by that track and I was dissapointed by his last album. All the ones before that are awesome tho and I still have high hopes for this

i feel like he reached his nadir with 'personal journals' because i don't think he's made waves since that album came out.

just from listening to vonnegut busy, it seems he's still obsessed with the line about "seeing dead people". does anyone know if he's a big fan of 6th sense or something?

Personal Journals is in someways still his best but I also loved Healthy Distrust and Human Death Dance (also the Non-prophets album Hope is awesome) Life was a bit poor imo so hoping he will be back on form on the new album!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I wonder if it isn't the production on this which is a bit lacking. or maybe he wants it to sound like 2008. of course i'm judging on one track.

I think Serengeti is a forward looking rapper. His album family & friends is a favorite from recent years. Not keen on his kenny dennis alter ego but serengeti stuff is tight. kinda similar tone is why I bring him up.

i worked it out - basically my taste changed and he didnt. not his problem - mine

Archived