IGNORED

Whatever happened to SoundsOfQ?

JS20

In 2003 I bought SoundsOfQ's (Quentin Poynter) Volume I and The Imploding Dissect unavoidable. Also have the 2-track (3 really) Promo EP. I never knew about his later releases, Chitzon and 'Benzo Remixes... Would love to hear them!

• 4 weeks later...

I responded to this but it appears my response was deleted.

I said "MOST members here enjoy WISP...? What?"

weird that it would be deleted.

Hmm, wasn't me! I am a huge fan of Wisp, never heard anything by him until a few years ago. I grabbed everything from the Kaen archive and that's about all I listened to for a solid year. I'd kill for a higher quality release of We Miss You. I bought the MP3s from Rephlex, along with The Shimmering Hour 48k WAVs. Comparing the WAVs to MP3s, it's clear that We Miss You should have had a Lossless option too.

I like it. Doesn't really remind me of Wisp.

I didn't mean to imply the SoQ tracks sounded like Wisp, they definitely do not :)

I responded to this but it appears my response was deleted.

I said "MOST members here enjoy WISP...? What?"

weird that it would be deleted.

Hmm, wasn't me! I am a huge fan of Wisp, never heard anything by him until a few years ago. I grabbed everything from the Kaen archive and that's about all I listened to for a solid year. I'd kill for a higher quality release of We Miss You. I bought the MP3s from Rephlex, along with The Shimmering Hour 48k WAVs. Comparing the WAVs to MP3s, it's clear that We Miss You should have had a Lossless option too.

I like it. Doesn't really remind me of Wisp.

I didn't mean to imply the SoQ tracks sounded like Wisp, they definitely do not :)

Huh, higher quality version of We Miss You...?

Higher than 320kbps you mean? (wav, flac, etc)

Yea, Shimmering Hour offered a 48k WAV download, but We Miss You was MP3 only. Not that there's a HUGE difference, but I always prefer lossless since nobody ever publishes what lossy encoder settings they used and some of my past MP3 purchases actually do sound worse than lossless. Picky, I know :)

Archived