IGNORED

nanoloop conflicting moods

hokum

the two titles you gave are the most interesting parts here, for me (well that & the wibbly ending). When paired with the disparate nature of the melodic movements in the track, I get this sense that you're consciously invoking the creative struggle of the hobbyist idm musician - which feels very honest! There's this constant start/stop, the conflicting moods (none of which truly come to dominate), this seeming struggle to explore emotional expression while maintaining the confines of this sonic palette that sounds v v rdj album to my ears.

And that to me is more interesting then something that's entirely polished to the point where it successfully mimics a particular style without allowing for fresh expression. This obliquely draws attention to the nature of the craft without resorting to experimental posturing

the two titles you gave are the most interesting parts here, for me (well that & the wibbly ending). When paired with the disparate nature of the melodic movements in the track, I get this sense that you're consciously invoking the creative struggle of the hobbyist idm musician - which feels very honest! There's this constant start/stop, the conflicting moods (none of which truly come to dominate), this seeming struggle to explore emotional expression while maintaining the confines of this sonic palette that sounds v v rdj album to my ears.

And that to me is more interesting then something that's entirely polished to the point where it successfully mimics a particular style without allowing for fresh expression. This obliquely draws attention to the nature of the craft without resorting to experimental posturing

I'm impacted by your comment ... positively of course.

Thanks

gorgeous and confusing in a good way

the tone seems to keep shifting from whimsical joy to serious anxiety and suddenly back to cool grooviness - I felt quite sympathetic to it

When describing this others in person... I have said it's like merging joy and sorrow.... The most trying aspect of this is to merge each of those moods that Hoggy clearly saw as separate... because they are... But ideally for me they would somehow fit together so that the listener can apply the sounds in either state of emotion (joy or sorrow) It's also the meaning behind my avatar tag line... "musician's musician".... mainly because i need something to do while im already doing something.

I don't know you know, I think in reality when you have such conflicting moods, your attention oscillates between them - that's my experience

whenever I have a headache, if I focus on the pain, I notice that it never stays in the same place - it moves around, I think it's the same with emotion - it has to be dynamic or you wouldn't feel it

btw I didn't see them as separate - I saw them as complicit in one another

The perspective has been leeched from you... That's real feedback you gave.

Thanks for the listens.

I actually just finised a track but havent given it a proper listen through... I think it is closer to what i can hear in my head and didnt trasfer like the game "telephone" very much... Will do a post soons.

Nice work on the melodies, only thing feeling a lill awkward to my taste is the snare sound used, but nothing detrimental to stop listening :-)

Archived