IGNORED

666?!

tarsier888

what's wrong with moby live!? he is awesome, he has skills, you have to admit. he can play the bongos, electric guitar, accoustic, drums, he's hardcore with the keyboard, well he can play almost anything! that's only a small reason why i like moby though, he plays almost every genre, and with all his music there is a certain unique emotion to it all that i love..

let's face it.. i bet the only reason anyone on this board doesn't like moby is because he is a vegan and a christian. .. or something dumb like that :laughing:

when i saw him live, every song was preceded by a 15 minute soliloquy on why moby thought that moby's song was the best moby song moby had ever written or heard. sometimes he would take breaks between songs to try to prove what a guitar virtuoso he was, playing very poor renditions of jimi hendrix thinking the crowd was eating it up. oh look the knob twiddler can wail on the guitar. how novel. no one came to see that shit. he ran around the stage the whole time, prancing about and dancing and being overdramatic to everything. and the kicker: the finale of the show ended with a 15-minute long snare roll/light crescendo while he stood on top of a table on stage with his arms stretched out like he was jesus christ saving the world. seriously, for fifteen minutes he stood still, arms outstreched, the strobe lights flickering on him, as if it were the most dramatic thing that had ever happened on the planet. very cathartic.

what a humongous dooshbag. his attitude sucks so bad, i used to see him on mtv2 where he picked videos on his own show, and he's just got this really unfortunately horrible personality. and more than half the videos were moby videos. and you know what, that's fine. but when you integrate your horrible personality into your performance like i described above, then you have grounds to be critiqued on what a couple of awful dooshes you and your music are.

that being said, i like that song porcelain, it's good to make out to.

that live performance seems annoyingly hilarious

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

*jabs dog with stick*

bark! bark! arr arr ar

*jabs dog with stick*

RRAAA bark! bark!

doggystyle.gif

Every time I see it I LOL so much... I could watch it all night

you could make fun of any band for being 'overdramatic' at a concert.

except maybe aphex twin or autechre or whatever, but who wants to watch a guy sitting on his laptop pressing keys all night? there's no energy in that. if i made music that people would go to concerts for, i would try to have a good time, i would get into it, like moby does.

except maybe aphex twin or autechre or whatever, but who wants to watch a guy sitting on his laptop pressing keys all night? there's no energy in that. if i made music that people would go to concerts for, i would try to have a good time, i would get into it, like moby does.

I'm there for the music, not the theatrics. I like autechre's idea, playing in pitch black, so there is absolutely nothing to focus on but the music. If the music is good enough, it will stand on its own. Visuals can help a show but more often than not act as a crutch I think.

I actually liked Moby before I saw him live, and admittedly his older stuff (Go, Animal Rights) was pretty good at the time. But he just completely sold out and became a very unlikeable person when Play came out.

I don't hold it against you for liking him, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, just saying you're not going to convince many people here.

I'm there for the music, not the theatrics. I like autechre's idea, playing in pitch black, so there is absolutely nothing to focus on but the music. If the music is good enough, it will stand on its own. Visuals can help a show but more often than not act as a crutch I think.

I actually liked Moby before I saw him live, and admittedly his older stuff (Go, Animal Rights) was pretty good at the time. But he just completely sold out and became a very unlikeable person when Play came out.

I don't hold it against you for liking him, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, just saying you're not going to convince many people here.

:undecided:

yeah, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :happy:

Archived