IGNORED

-Jung Typology Test-

YEK

will i ever meet another INFJ? :(

i think jung was full of shit and personality tests are the worst thing ever (i'm reminded of the quote about Adorno despairing about his secretary asking him if he was an introvert as if people were starting to take pop magazines into real life) but supposedly i'm an infj too. interestingly you're one of the watmm'ers i feel some affinity for.

next:

watmm political compass 2014

:w00t: Hey, man! I feel the same about you, from the start. Interesting, right? Now, does that say a thing about this test and his reliability? I don't know. Probably not.

Regarding, Jung... some of his books are shit, i agree, but I also really like some, especially Symbols of Transfomation and Memories, Dreams, Reflections.

This test is just partially based on Jung's personality theories, but i can find some truth in it, and 'some' is a lot, when we think about how diverse we are.

fwiw memories, dreams, reflections is mostly a book written by his colleague aniela jaffe.

edit: fuck you baph

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will i ever meet another INFJ? :(

i think jung was full of shit and personality tests are the worst thing ever (i'm reminded of the quote about Adorno despairing about his secretary asking him if he was an introvert as if people were starting to take pop magazines into real life) but supposedly i'm an infj too. interestingly you're one of the watmm'ers i feel some affinity for.

next:

watmm political compass 2014

:w00t: Hey, man! I feel the same about you, from the start. Interesting, right? Now, does that say a thing about this test and his reliability? I don't know. Probably not.

Regarding, Jung... some of his books are shit, i agree, but I also really like some, especially Symbols of Transfomation and Memories, Dreams, Reflections.

This test is just partially based on Jung's personality theories, but i can find some truth in it, and 'some' is a lot, when we think about how diverse we are.

fwiw memories, dreams, reflections is mostly a book written by his colleague aniela jaffe.

edit: fuck you baph

afaik she helped him in later chapters and most of the book was written by jung alone but i could be wrong. how ever it was i like the book.

that has been disputed by modern research, particularly the work of sonu samdashani who has had exclusive access to a lot of stuff from June's heirs. Don't get me wrong, MDR is still a cool book imo.

interesting! is it known how much of the material was June's interpretation and much of it was dictated by Jung?

i mean, even if she wrote the whole book it still could have been written completely according to Jung's wishes, right?

that has been disputed by modern research, particularly the work of sonu samdashani who has had exclusive access to a lot of stuff from June's heirs. Don't get me wrong, MDR is still a cool book imo.

interesting! is it known how much of the material was June's interpretation and much of it was dictated by Jung?

i mean, even if she wrote the whole book it still could have been written completely according to Jung's wishes, right?

the idea of modeling a bio of Jung after Eckerman's book on Goethe was conceived by Jung's publisher who charged Jaffe (Jung's secretary at the time) with scheduling casual convos with Jung who talked about all manner of things in an informal manner. Jaffe and the publisher (Kurt Wolf I think) then composed the book based on her notes from the conversations. Evidently jung was ambivalent about the whole project until later when he decided to write down some early memories which made up the core of the early chapters (which Jaffe also modified). The book as a whole is very much the design of Jaffe and her (and Wolf's) vision for a work that would be for a general reader unfamiliar with Jung.

At least this is how i remember it from Shamdasani's account, which is fairly detailed and fairly critical of the project and how it was presented to the public.

cool! thnx alco :beer: ...i

the idea of modeling a bio of Jung after Eckerman's book on Goethe was conceived by Jung's publisher who charged Jaffe (Jung's secretary at the time) with scheduling casual convos with Jung who talked about all manner of things in an informal manner. Jaffe and the publisher (Kurt Wolf I think) then composed the book based on her notes from the conversations. Evidently jung was ambivalent about the whole project until later when he decided to write down some early memories which made up the core of the early chapters (which Jaffe also modified). The book as a whole is very much the design of Jaffe and her (and Wolf's) vision for a work that would be for a general reader unfamiliar with Jung.

At least this is how i remember it from Shamdasani's account, which is fairly detailed and fairly critical of the project and how it was presented to the public.

I'm stunned by the amount of details! For a moment i was indecisive over whether to think of you as St.Germain or Jung himself and believing there's Jung's AAA thread that I'm not aware of but after i saw Shamdasani's name i was relieved.

Thnx, Alco!

This test sucks. I often didn't know what to answer, because it was so broad. It was repititive as fuck too, which is usually done to see if the participant is being consistent, but it's hard to be because the questions sucked.

Still:

INTP
Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(81%) Thinking(50%) Perceiving(22%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (81%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

This test sucks. I often didn't know what to answer, because it was so broad. It was repititive as fuck too, which is usually done to see if the participant is being consistent, but it's hard to be because the questions sucked.

no. no. ...sounds like a typical INTP to me. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived