IGNORED

My Feet Are $ & †

Dpek

I'm kind of losing control of what I'm doing... This morphed into something I didn't expect. Well, judge for yourself:

https://soundcloud.com/dpek/my-feet-are-demo-version-10

Yeah, moved this to dropbox now, sorry for the trouble:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26673322/My%20Feet%20Are%20Money%20And%20Religion.mp3

Sometimes made me think of Animal Collective's naive experimentalism, sometimes that you weren't sure yourself what it was meant to be but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

I like it, Especially when the syncopation comes in and ramps up about 1/4th the way through. Wish I could throw time markers on it. Heh. Solid production as usual, though the highs can get a little too high whenever the flute/whistle ramps up in pitch to where I have to turn down the volume a bit. That's really the only thing I can think of.

By the way, what exactly is that whistle sample if you don't mind answering? You don't have to or anything. Sounds like a metallic flute of some sort, but extra colorful.

Thanks :) I kind of already dismissed this track - it has some good elements that I will probably use somewhere else but it doesn't really work as a whole.

The whistle sound is exactly what you think it is - a whistle sound :D I fed the recording of my whistling into a sampler - didn't really do much more to it, just a bit of reverb and EQ. Whistling is probably the sound I sample the most - it always comes out a bit out of tune and nostalgic which I very much like.

Thanks :) I kind of already dismissed this track - it has some good elements that I will probably use somewhere else but it doesn't really work as a whole.

The whistle sound is exactly what you think it is - a whistle sound :D I fed the recording of my whistling into a sampler - didn't really do much more to it, just a bit of reverb and EQ. Whistling is probably the sound I sample the most - it always comes out a bit out of tune and nostalgic which I very much like.

Thanks for answering! I'm surprised it's straight whistling, I thought it was a flute or something! But I can kind of tell now at a few points. Though I suppose it's not so hard to get a flutelike sound if you can whistle. Heh.

Archived