IGNORED

Lexicon new techno track

zoix

Hey guys,

Made this track in ableton and tried stacking four reverbs on a synth to get the background melody. I really liked it and will try to play around more with stacking effects like that. The track is not mastered.

What do you guys think? Is the first part too long?

[sc5]202607294[/sc5]

I like pissing around with multiple reverbs too. I used to use 2 or 3 with each track as they helped develop the atmosphere.

I think the track might be too long (I am also guilty of this...) but there are some interesting parts in here. The sounds are cool although I'm not sure about the melodies.

I like pissing around with multiple reverbs too. I used to use 2 or 3 with each track as they helped develop the atmosphere.

I think the track might be too long (I am also guilty of this...) but there are some interesting parts in here. The sounds are cool although I'm not sure about the melodies.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's a little long. I'm gonna make it shorter and vary the melody that comes in at the middle a bit more.

I don't often stack reverb myself, as that leads to phasing artifacts, but here it works well for the ambient atmosphere you're trying to establish.

Where exactly are you stacking the verb? Just out of curiosity.

That sound at 1:32 that sounds like a little piano in the background is great with the track!

Not sure of the synth that comes in at 2:08, but that is a good place for a little variety.

I thought the length might be an issue as well, but really I was interested all the way until the end!

I don't often stack reverb myself, as that leads to phasing artifacts, but here it works well for the ambient atmosphere you're trying to establish.

Where exactly are you stacking the verb? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks! I used four Lexicon reverbs directly after the the Omnisphere synth plugin. They all have different wet/dry settings and reverb times. After the reverbs an EQ where I take out the lows and then a compressor. All on the same track, no Sends.

That sound at 1:32 that sounds like a little piano in the background is great with the track!

Not sure of the synth that comes in at 2:08, but that is a good place for a little variety.

I thought the length might be an issue as well, but really I was interested all the way until the end!

It is a piano! Yeah I'm taking you guys' feedback back into the studio and am going to make the track a little shorter and change up the melody.

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived