IGNORED

How much time do you spend on your tracks?

Brisbot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

600 / 8 is 75. I work on my tracks 75 times longer than you. True statement! :P

Haha! If I spent 12 days mastering one track, I would get fired!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

anywhere from 5 hours to about 3/4 years on and off.

tho i use samples i made 15 years ago in new productions....so who knows

Anywhere from an hour or two to years. I keep everything, so sometimes I'll load up an oldie and play around with it.

I have tracks going back 15 years or so and I think they will all eventually get finished.

This

600 / 8 is 75. I work on my tracks 75 times longer than you. True statement! :P

Haha! If I spent 12 days mastering one track, I would get fired!

Good thing I don't have your job. And good thing I'm immortan.

I usually put something together and then put it down for a long time then pick it back up, change everything, put it back down, pick it back up, change everything, and then listen to it a million times and tweak/adjust, and then take one part i like, scrap everything around it, and build the song out of that. this works cuz i'm only using DAWs, mostly reason. it's hard for me to put a number down, but i probably spend 5-10 hours a week. when i was between jobs for a couple months i made like 10 tracks, now it's more like 8-10 a year.

i used to spend a lot more time but i can't really justify that to my family anymore. sometimes i think it would be nice to have some kind of validation to justify the time (e.g. a label, occasional djing, some fans, you know, the kinds of things many of us want) but oh well.

Archived