IGNORED

"Fading" rhythms?

I should add that the track posted above also has a lot of envelope followers configuring looping, speed, and filter cutoff of the different sounds, but it's just an example of where this technique can go as the basis of a patch and what kind of patterns it produces. I encourage you all to try it out, because it can produce a wide variety of sounds. Maybe you can even control exactly how you want the sequence to be sliced and at what specific points in the track, if that's how you prefer to do things.

Dude this sounds really interesting. Any chance I could get a look at the patch? Having a hard time visualising what you're saying, and dissecting other peoples max patches is a really useful learning tool.

Obviously if you'd rather not share no worries mang

I should add that the track posted above also has a lot of envelope followers configuring looping, speed, and filter cutoff of the different sounds, but it's just an example of where this technique can go as the basis of a patch and what kind of patterns it produces. I encourage you all to try it out, because it can produce a wide variety of sounds. Maybe you can even control exactly how you want the sequence to be sliced and at what specific points in the track, if that's how you prefer to do things.

Dude this sounds really interesting. Any chance I could get a look at the patch? Having a hard time visualising what you're saying, and dissecting other peoples max patches is a really useful learning tool.

You really don't want to look at that patch. It's a giant mess that runs slowly as hell and uses a ton of VSTs that you may not have. Even I don't want to look at that thing anymore.

You can, however, look at this more basic one I've been working on that uses the same concept (as I don't think it will be going anywhere interesting):

https://mega.nz/#!0ohETQRZ!pQuWw-yif_rqtaaMrQ_ojfc6hDshAZbf7Qq7OEYI4wc

IMPORTANT: Make sure you delete the entire 2d.wave~ section of the patch immediately! Don't even look at it! That part of the patch is top secret and it is for my eyes only.

Just out this week, Sugar Bytes' Obscurium kinda does this :

That's an interesting concept. I can see how it could be done in Max, but it would require some pretty weird patching to accomplish.

You really don't want to look at that patch. It's a giant mess that runs slowly as hell and uses a ton of VSTs that you may not have. Even I don't want to look at that thing anymore.

You can, however, look at this more basic one I've been working on that uses the same concept (as I don't think it will be going anywhere interesting):

https://mega.nz/#!0ohETQRZ!pQuWw-yif_rqtaaMrQ_ojfc6hDshAZbf7Qq7OEYI4wc

IMPORTANT: Make sure you delete the entire 2d.wave~ section of the patch immediately! Don't even look at it! That part of the patch is top secret and it is for my eyes only.

Cheers man! Just downloaded, having a look now

Archived