IGNORED

preston logan - dreams of coober pedy WIP

rev85

there is an overall nice progression of chaning out sounds in this track, keeps me exited overall. i think the drums in the end could use some more power, but the break with the crash towards the end works nice for me (: good work, and nice melodi layering

if you are just using drum samples of 808's i think that i would be nice to modify them so they dont sound like the clasic drum samples, it's fun and guite easy to make some new and fresh sounds out of like 808 samples, especially wack guitar effects like chorus and flanger can do alot, and also pitching og cutting and ajusting start and end point of the samples can also do alot. btw i like the nice triplets in the melodies which ocour sometimes like with triplets of the bass line where the drums follow, good work

lovely melodies!!!
beat could be more interesting, sonically wise not composition... bring some of those claps forward, reverb them, make the hihats stick out more with eq and layering i dunno.

but then again, melodies are beautiful...

the last part with the slowed down drums, the drum samples sound too dry and weak imo...

Yeah this song started out totally different, it was very lo-fi and minimal sounding, so I agree with the drums! Also, it's been quite a delicate task to make the drums sonically interesting yet still letting the melodies carry the tune, definitely a learning curve on this one!

Really good stuff, this one kept me interested. Love the plethora of ideas and variation. And those steel drums! Superb! :w00t:

The only thing I kind of miss is some sort of cohesiveness or theme or something, to make it a whole. Too many ideas, perhaps? But that's just me.

Anyway, I liked it!

Archived