IGNORED

Help ID the attached breakbeat

ceiling

If someone could ID the breakbeat I've uploaded, It would be a great help. It's pretty poor quality and just found it randomly in my files, fits well with the song I'm making and I'd love to find a better quality version.

The upload link is here:

https://soundcloud.com/djrrtolkien/breakbeat

Thanks

: )

I think I recall that snare from an oooooold version of Fruity Loops. I think it was simply called "break" or "breakbeat" or something. The uploaded break might be a mixture or than one sample.

I think it's a processed break made from various breaks, Sweet Pea maybe with parts of Fools Gold and Think's kick? Sounds like one them.

Or just download Jungle Warfare and check the Hid break which is where people got the break from.

http://www.discogs.com/Zero-G-Jungle-Warfare/release/5549819

Track 28h Hid

Hmmm it's as I feared then, a composite of different breaks. I'll give dogs on acid a go as well. That Sweet Pea break is pretty nice though, hadn't heard that before.

Wow you found it! I've always wondered where that percussion hit (guiro?) came from. It seems that it was made with the Think break beefed up with other drum hits. Still the break posted was from the Jungle Warfare CD but more saturated, you can tell since it doesn't have the extra drum hits.

Wow you found it! I've always wondered where that percussion hit (guiro?) came from. It seems that it was made with the Think break beefed up with other drum hits. Still the break posted was from the Jungle Warfare CD but more saturated, you can tell since it doesn't have the extra drum hits.

I don't have that sample cd but I'm going to assume that, given that JW came out in 1995, the more saturated version on it was sampled from this record.

It's been sampled from that tune quite a bit, but the Kid & Play is the original source of that second gen think break.

Archived