IGNORED

Peacock Tail

tarsier888

i love this track, but i have been wondering, what is the little background fuzzing sound at the beginning? i love it, it sounds like tipping over an hourglass filled with little tiny crystals which make music when they rub together :w00t:

i don't know, maybe i'm strange..

but either way i've been wondering what the sound is, do you guys know what i'm talking about? i'm sure you all know what music making crystals in an hourglass sounds like..

so how do you think that sound was made? it might be something really simple, if so, tell me

Guest nene mcgriff burger

I love that sound as well. I don't make music, but it sounds digital in origin to me.

I don't make music, but it sounds digital in origin to me.

i don't think so.

i think it's simply the warm saturation of the bass amp compressed. it's a warm fuzz that is purely analogue. those are real, imperfect vibrations that you hear.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

I don't make music, but it sounds digital in origin to me.

i don't think so.

i think it's simply the warm saturation of the bass amp compressed. it's a warm fuzz that is purely analogue. those are real, imperfect vibrations that you hear.

i was thinking that might be an acoustic (regular guitar shaped) bass. what do you think?

WashSqAcousticBass07132003.jpg

room mic low end, with high end on a second room mic. could account for that chaffy clatter. can't imagine getting that on a direct line in like on a electric or something.

yeah, you couldn't compress a line-in feed enough to maximize the fuzz without destroying the bass notes. i would agree that it's atmospheric hum that's being picked up. and the acoustic suggestion might be right, as those bass notes are soft in the way they resonate, probably not amped.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper
i would agree that it's atmospheric hum that's being picked up.

agreed. rad.

it's nice. it reminds me of sound (distortion?) that's on some beats on Amerikkka's Most Wanted and some older anticon beats. that warm fuzzy texture thats got the nicest quality. peacock tail is a lovely track

Guest nene mcgriff burger

I think I misunderstood what sound you were talking about. are you talking about that one note that is echoed at the beginning? if so, it sounds like it could be someone running their fingers over the coiled strings of a guitar, or possibly an animal of some kind. or are you referring to something else?

Archived