IGNORED

I=1 Final Mix (I hope!)

Polytrix

well i'm listening over headphones and to me the mix sounds pretty well balanced. i don't trust these headphones as much as i would my monitors/speakers but i think they give me a pretty decent idea. with all the stuff in this track itd be pretty easy to have something that sounds out of place but everything sounds fine. as for the content, i think its cool how you're kind of combining typical acid sounds with processed guitar and what sounds like hard synched (maybe thats not it, im not great at identifying these things. sounds like it might be going through a formant filter too tho) synth type sounds.

Thank you! Yes, I think this is basically what I was going for. Acid leads with guitar and vocal samples all mixed together.

I made life really difficult for myself this time around as there are so many different elements. Will try and make my next track a lot simpler.

I was trying to fizz/fuzz out the drums a bit to make it sound a bit more lo-fi, anyone have any advice for tape saturation/distortion plugs to go on a drum group?

Ok very honest feedback here.

I like the lead starting at 1:10.Its for me the strongest part of the track.Its great.If i was you i would double it with 2 or 3 other synths to make this huge big lead and play aroud with acid around it.

I think the guitar power chord and lead dont fit i dont really like them,the power chord especially i would cut that out also the kick drum stopping every 10 second is really annoying for me.It would be better if the kick stayed the whole track or stopped only once or twice.

The acid could be better but i like the line that mimic the main lead.

Hey thanks man. I totally appreciate your honesty :) I'll make a point of listening to your latest and commenting.

I think this has been a real learning experience for me. I happily throw togethor elements I've been working on instead of focussing on the central core elements of the track...I'm going to do my next one a lot differently. I do like this track though, I'm proud of the elements which took me considerable time to make.

Yeah, it's hard to kind of meld heavy guitar with techno. I would love to be able to do that well. I listen to a lot of stoner rock like Sleep and Electric Wizard and Sunn O)) and I love that drone like tone.

Thanks again man.

• 2 weeks later...

The acidic bass needs to be in it more! Personally I'd replace the guitars with it but that's boring so ignore me. I like a lot of the sounds in here but for some reason it doesn't feel 'right' - Don't mean that in an insulting way as I can't put my finger on the actual reason.

Fair enough! Thank you though dude. I think I might take parts of this tune and start the next one using the most interesting bits

I think I agree with you that the acid bass that comes in later should be more of a main feature but I kind of lost the feel for the track now as it's taken so long.

I was determined to get a good sounding mix to learn that process and I'm proud of how it sounds now :)

Oh yeah, rightfully so, the mix sounds really good. Actually that's something I should think about more when listening to people's stuff on here as I rarely consider it.

Don't worry about going back to this one. Make a new one with the things you've learnt from making this one. You've got some decent creative ideas, keep going.

Archived