IGNORED

Pusher

Lada Laika

At first glance/quick listen; funky bassline, bass and kick sound good to my ears. I like the glitchy rythmic blip sound, snares/claps are cool but could do with a little beefing up (mostly the snares) and maybe use some round robin samples but maybe you're going for this specific sound in which case, cool.

Strings are alright. The bleepy reverberated synth does nothing for me, the way it sits in the mix and the melodies seem off to me (save for a few bars/notes where it seems alright, can't say which ones). Some dirtier hats might be nice.  

i personally i like the blippy synth but i feel like it could blend into the track a little better. i'd take some highs off the bass and push it a little lower to give the overall mix some more depth as most elements are pretty upfront. i'd also beef up the snare, though i do like it as it is. the drum samples are all nice but the HH could do with some movement in the pattern beginning 1:15ish, it's a tad repetitive as is.

nice choon.

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, guys! I definitely feel where you're coming from with the percussion, beefing up my drum sounds / keeping a good variety in the beat is one of my biggest struggles as a musician and something I'm constantly trying to work on. I hadn't heard the term round robin until now but I definitely see how that could help make the mix more interesting. Will definitely be making another pass at this one!

Archived