IGNORED

SikTh - The Future In Whose Eyes?

Bechuga

they're playing ArcTanGent this year (and were supposed to play last year though they dropped out) so i've tried to get into them a couple of times but really don't get on with the vocals.

Mikee has some strange vocals, but no-one else makes those sounds he does. Fresh to hear someone use their throat differently from the usual screaming / singing metal archetypes. Not so sure on their new singer to replace Justin.

Yeah Periphery's vocalist really blows!

SikTh were easily my favourite band as a teenager....I was in their street team at school, and I've been keeping an eye on their return in the last couple of years. Their comeback EP Opacities was pretty good and had some nice innovative production and it was quite a pleasure to see them back.
They seem to be regarded as the pioneers of 'Djent' now by the bands that kept going and now make loads of cash....Periphery seem to have adopted them somewhat and took them on their first USA tour last year During that time Justin left the band to pursue another project and SikTh seem to be heading in a similar corporate direction as Periphery. 
It's a shame, but I am kind of pleased for them and glad they're doing well. 

• 1 month later...

For people who dislike Periphery guest vocals: he appears for two lines, tops, on one chorus. And I only knew it was him from looking at the lyric sheet. As a Periphery fan, somewhat disappointed. But more Mikee vocals is fine by me.

Otherwise, pretty solid album, less singing than in the past due to new dude but I'm happy with it. Riddles of Humanity has some meaty riffs.

Archived